The world

I sat, alone. In this lonely, lonely world. Not a soul around me understands.

they all laugh, play, and enjoy their miserable lives as they can. Enjoying the moments of pleasure they have for as long as they can.

Not me. I sit preparing for the bad times to come plastering a smile on my face for anyone who actually notices my presence.

Me? Oh you don't know me. not even people I hold dear know me, really. I just take up a mask and put it on so that they can carry on with their "happy" lives, not having to worry about me or my life.

I hate it here, the people, the life, the world. I have a few joys in life; though most of them leave, disappear, or fade.

Not wishing to disturb the "happy" peoples lives, I do this. I write. I'm not good at it, or anything for that matter, but it helps me. Sort of.

If I have to stay here, then I guess that I'll write.

I don't want to play this cruel game anymore. I'm tired, but can't go to sleep. they won't let me. So I'll write, to keep myself going.

Don't know how much longer I can do this for, keep up the act, but I'll try. I'll try to carry on placing on my mask for as long as possible. The problem is; it's fading, the details and colours are slowly going away. There's no stopping it. It's fading fast. I'm getting tired.

This is a lonely world we live in, and it's hard, but I'll try to keep up the charade for as long as I can. For the people who rush by, in their busy, "happy" state of mind.

I will always remain, ignored, miss-understood. Preparing for what is to come. In this false life. always hiding behind a mask for cover.

Alone.

Miss-understood.

Tired.

... yeah... urm... that's me... If you're reading I told you not to... so yeah... if this has made you sad... don't say I didn't warn you...

charlotte