Chapter 4 (Jake's POV)

"Babe you have to calm down." I tell Kaitlynn. We are currently trying to give Brooklynn her first bath and Kaitlynn is in one of her moods. 

"I'm trying! She won't sit still." She says, sighing. 

"Baby you need to calm down. She is just a baby." 

She takes a deep breath and nods. We then continue to give our baby girl a bath, which actually goes pretty smoothly after Kaitlynn calmed down. I think it's because Kaitlynn was upset, so it was making her upset. 

Kaitlynn wraps Brooke in a towel and carries her into our bedroom. She dries her off and then grabs puts a diaper on her and a pink onesie. 

Today is Saturday and we decided to just stay in today. We have been getting Brooke on a schedule for feeding her and her naps and bedtime and when she goes down for her nap, we are going to get some cleaning done. 

Since we have been busy with work and school lately, we haven't really been cleaning our house. With a baby and two teenagers, it's hard to keep it clean. 

Right now, we go into the living room and put Brooke in her rocker and let it rock her for a little bit. Kaitlynn and I want to either find a house, or a different apartment. This apartment is amazing, but lately there has been lots of changes that are not really for the best and we don't want to be apart of a complex that does the things it is. 

They just recently built some new apartments near the college in town and Kaitlynn and I really want to go there. Both of us have been accepted into the college and we are ready to start our careers. We graduate this month, which just seems insane to me. Senior year has flown by. 

But with us graduating, we want to get moved in and everything else. Our families are putting money together and we are all going to Disney World for our graduation trip. We are going right after graduation, so we want to be settled. 

Our parents support our decision to move. Not only are the apartments close to our college, it's also close to our jobs, so we will save lots of money on gas, which is another great factor of these apartments. 

We have already talked to them and they are looking at us and everything, seeing if we are a good fit. 

After looking at our dream apartment, we pick Brooke up and walk to the nursery. She only sleeps in her crib during naps for right now. 

Kaitlynn feeds her before rocking her slightly until she falls asleep. She gently lays her down in the crib and covers her up with a flowery blanket, making sure it won't cover her face, before we turn the monitor on and go out into the living room. 

We start with the kitchen. We go through and clean off all of the counters first. After that, we do the dishes and then wash the counters off. To end, we sweep and mop the floor. 

After the kitchen is done, we go into the living room. I pick up all of the clothes and Kaitlynn folds the blankets and puts them on the back of the couch. She also dusts and vacuums. 

When we are finished with the living room, we go into our bedroom and clean that up. I pick up the clothes in here as well, setting them in the clothes basket. Kaitlynn makes our bed up and organizes some things. 

She goes and gets the laundry out of the dryer and puts the washer clothes in, then starts another load while I vacuum. 

We both fold the load of clothes together before heading into our bathroom. She organizes the counters while I clean our bathtub and shower. She also organizes everything on the counters, putting them where they go and cleaning the mirrors. 

When she is finished with that, she hangs up all of our clothes in the closet while I sweep and mop. 

Once that is done, we go back into the living room and turn the tv on, waiting for our girl to wake up. 

Kaitlynn does go and start some lunch: chicken nuggets and shells n cheese. She finishes that about the same time that Brooklynn wakes up, which was perfect. 

I go into the nursery and give her a bottle before changing her diaper and swaddling her in a blanket before bringing her out into the living room. 

Kaitlynn fixed me a plate already and we lay Brooklynn down in between us on the couch. She is just so perfect and I can't imagine having anything better than her. Her and her mom are my world and I love them both so much.

 I turn on a movie and we watch that for a little while. About halfway through the movie, Kaitlynn moves closer to me and cradles Brooke in her arms while I hold my girls. Not too long after that, she is completely out and I smile. 

Brooklynn is still awake and I pick her up, setting her in her rocker. I then pick Kaitylnn up and bring her to the bedroom, covering her up and turning the lights out. 

I walk back into the living room and pick Brooke up again, laying on the couch and putting her on my chest. She curls up and I put my hand on her back to keep her there. She soon falls asleep. 

This is just perfect. 

&&&&

Hey everyone!

I'm so sorry for the unbelievably short chapter. This was kind of another filler chapter and I promise it will get more exciting. 

The next few chapters will probably be alternating POV chapters because of the graduation and everything. 

Sorry for all of the time jumps, there's just not a lot to write about at this point. It will get more exciting starting soon!

Thank you for the support and comments and votes! You are all awesome!

Comment and Vote!

~Kelsi