t w o

THE pool area was decked out in a Hawaiian theme decor. The space was covered it palm trees, tiki torches and hibiscuses. Spectacular lights were strung a cross the area. The food consisted of mostly seafood and fresh fruit. There even was actual hula dancers and fire performers or whatever you call them. All Hawaiian. I must admit, as much as I hated wearing a itchy grass skit, my dad did a phenomenal job decorating. If it wasn't for bright lights and rude on-goers, I would have believed I was in Hawaii instead of New York. And it almost made up for the fact that I still had to wear this itchy skirt. Almost.

I maneuver through the crowd, making my way toward the bar area where Georgia is located. Pushing my way pass the sea of people, I try my best to not to knock over my serving tray. Eventually I reach the bar and set it down.

"Empty already?" Georgia nods at the tray. I smirk a little when I notice Georgia is sporting a grass skirt as well. Guess I'm not the only one dad sucked into wearing this ridiculous get-up.

I nod. "I need one purple lullaby, two skittle slushie cocktails, three french kiss shots and one blueberry lemon drop shot,  stat." Georgia nods as she begins making the drinks. She has been making drinks since she was ten years old, a skill our mother severely disagreed with but dad taught her anyway. By the age of thirteen she mastered the Sex on the Beach cocktail with flying colors. Her drink making skills was so good that it earned her the title Booze Baby Queen at Roderick High. Every time someone had a party they demanded my sister to go and work the bar, even after she graduated.

My eyes scan around the room, checking out the mass of people. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, all decked out in their luau attire and enjoying themselves. Dad's big summer parties were always the highlight of summer at the Raindrop hotel. He always hosted two: one at the beginning of summer around the middle of May and the last week in July, around the beginning of August. They were the most anticipated events we have, besides our Christmas and New Years Eve parties; Those are wild.

Still scanning the crown, I find one particular party goer who somehow missed the dress code as he was dressed in a grey suit with a yellow and white striped tie. I smirk knowing exactly who that is.

"Okay!" Georgia places the tray of colored drinks beside me. "One purple lullaby, two skittle slushie cocktails, three french kiss shots and one blueberry lemon drop shot."

I give her a thumbs up before I grab the blueberry shot and down it in one swallow. My eyes squint as the semi-burning liquid rushes down my throat and settles in my stomach, leaving a sweetly warm feeling.

Georgia gives me a disapproving glance. "You know you're not to supposed to order drinks."

I roll my eyes. "Don't act like I don't notice you sipping that strawberry mojito." Georgia frowns as she slides her glass out of view. "Can you make me a Shirley Temple real quick?"

She nods before getting to work. I look over at the guy I met early today. He must be loaded if he was willing to give me a hundred bucks just to buy a ten dollar skirt. Loaded and maybe a tad bit spoiled. By the looks of it he appears to be around my age. I watch as he scopes out the room, a bright gold watch is wrapped around his wrist as it gleams in the light. Yeah, mommy and daddy has definitely given him everything. Says the girl who grew up in a five-star hotel and practically got everything herself. Nobody's perfect.

Georgia slides the Temple to me and I make my way through the crowd, giving away the ordered drinks to the right people. Eventually I reach the guy I've been eyeing all night. I shimmy myself over to him, holding the tray with the Shirley Temple with one hand and the other on my hip.

I stop when I stand directly in front of him. "One Shirley Temple."

He looks at me amused, eyebrows raised. "I thought I ordered a martini?"