Chapter 41

Two weeks went by and the final rounds were getting closer. I was stressing because I knew I had better the rasengan and because I remembered Kuroshi's task. He made it clear that I was the one who was going to help him kill her, but I didn't know if I could manage to do it. 

I stirred out of my thoughts and got up from my bed. I decided that I would train in the training grounds today and get Ichiraku for lunch. Only two more weeks until the final rounds were here, so I needed to get as much training done as possible.

I couldn't lose. I had to win.

I got dressed and went to the bathroom to get ready. When I was done, Minato noticed my worried expression.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm just really stressed out about the final rounds," I replied.

"Everything will be okay, Hana. You trained with Jiraiya and I, you went on a few missions, and plus I noticed your skills have improved since the Forest of Death," He reassured. "I'm sure you'll do fine, but if you don't, then just train harder and try again,"

"I just...I just don't want to lose again..."

Minato sighed. "This is about that Rentaro guy, isn't it?"

I didn't answer and he knew that was a yes. I wasn't going to lie, that still bothered me because I didn't like that I was taken down that easily.

"Jiraiya told me about that," Minato said. "I understand that it can be discouraging when you lose, but you need to learn how to move on from that. It's obvious you didn't fail, otherwise, your friend wouldn't be here right now,"

"Thanks," I sighed. "I'm going to get going now so I can go train. I'll be back before it's dark,"

Minato smiled. "Anytime, Hana. You can talk to me if you need to."

I exited the house and went to the training grounds. I took a deep breath when I stood in front of the wooden post and decided that I would continue to practice my rasengan so it's better by the time the final rounds get here.

I opened my hand and started focusing my chakra into the palm of my hands. My chakra swirled around and I thrust it against the wooden post. The force of my rasengan had broken it in half and I continued to do it.

I didn't realize how much time I had spent training here until I heard a voice behind me.

"I wasn't expecting to see you, how long were you here for?" 

I turned around and saw it was Kakashi. Perfect timing. Right as I was starting to think maybe I should attend with Obito.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"4:30,"

"Wow, I've been here since 9:00. I didn't realize time would pass by that quick," 

"You should go take a break then," Kakashi advised. "You don't want to end up like Guy. He'll end up over-exhausting his body one day,"

"No," I shook my head. "I have to continue training. I need to get stronger because if I don't, I'll end up being a waste of Jiraiya's time,"

Kakashi now looked surprised. "You trained with Master Jiraiya?"

"Yup," I grinned. "He's like my grandfather, but he's a pervert,"

Kakashi's shock cleared away. "Well I shouldn't really be surprised, I mean he was Minato's teacher,"

"I'm going to keep training now," I said, starting to weave a sign until Kakashi stopped me.

"Hana, I just got done training too. You need a break. Haven't you eaten at all today?"

"Uh...yes?"

He rolled his eyes and took my wrist to lead us away from the training grounds. "Idiot, you can't just train without eating all day,"

"Stop calling me an idiot, idiot!" I retorted back at him, hiding the small smile that was forming.

He didn't look at me, he just continued walking forward. "We're getting ramen,"

I stopped struggling.

"Okay let's go!" I eagerly said.

He shook his head, but I couldn't tell what his faced looked like since he wears that mask.

"Hey Kakashi?"

"What?"

"You can let go now," My cheeks heated up.

"Oh. Sorry," He let go and I followed him to Ichiraku Ramen.

It was silent again and I started staring at Kakashi. I couldn't get over how you could see the outline of his jaw from the mask and as I looked at him. 

I don't understand. I always feel this way around him, but then Obito starts to invade my thoughts.

"Hana?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and Kakashi had caught me staring. Damnit.

"Uh, sorry what?" I asked, embarrassed.

I was hoping he wouldn't say anything about my staring. 

"I asked how things have been since I haven't seen you in a while,"

"Oh, things have been going okay. I've been training and went on a mission with Kushina, Guy, Asuma, and Obito. We escorted this king and prince, and the prince wouldn't stop hitting on me," I answer.

"Did anything major happen on the mission?" Kakashi asked.

"Some rogue ninjas tried to attack to take them hostage, but we beat them successfully. Kushina had this plan that fooled all of us, and it worked on them because they were focused on trying to beat us instead,"

I quickly rushed to walk next to Kakashi and he looked a bit thoughtful. 

"What was her plan?" He asked again.

I proceeded to tell him how she fooled us into thinking she got killed, but I left out the part about me losing it. That's something that doesn't need to be spoken about.

Kakashi then told me about a jutsu he's coming up with on his own and how it sounds like a thousand birds chirping. We sat down on the stools at the ramen stand and Teuchi was there again.

"You just came here yesterday Hana." Teuchi chuckled.

"Can you blame me? Your ramen is amazing and I can't help but have another bowl," I said, half joking.

Teuchi took our orders and Ayame wasn't here this time.

"Hana?" Kakashi asked again, and I noticed he was looking down.

This started to make my heart race because I was getting nervous about what he could ask me.

"What is it?"

"Do you...do you have an answer on the festival thing? I just thought it'd be nice if we hung out more," He said, quieter.

Damnit. 

"I'm still trying to see what my plans are," I replied quickly. "Minato has a family outing planned and he wants to uh...discuss an important family matter."

He nodded, but I knew he was smart so he probably knew that I was still lying.

"I see."

Teuchi came with our ramen and I didn't eat as much this time because I was too distracted with my problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I got a quick drawing of Hana done by xxpentimaticxxx on deviantart, credit to her for the drawing. She's actually going to be drawing an updated version of Hana's look right now, so I'll post that when she's done with it. Although, the top isn't supposed to be split like that. It's just a hoodie with two colors on it.