Six

"Happy birthday Ethan." My best friend, acting oblivious to the fuming volcano next to her, takes long rapid strides  and reaches out to give him a friendly hug.

How could she fucking do this to me? I should have known she'll do it whether I agree or not. Always agree to disagree, that's Myra's motto in life. 

Wait! This is embarrassing! Does he know anything at all? Did Brad talk to him? Did Myra and Brad talk about it? Is that why she was smirking the whole time? Is that why he looks surprised? No wonder he'll still be pissed at me. My brain runs at 100 miles an hour when I hear him say "thank you" with a thick voice, and he hugs her back while his green eyes rake on my body then lock on mine, his mouth forming into a small smile. 

Those green dreamy eyes that are so light and full of life beg me to gaze at them and not look away. It seems that the air is sucked out of the atmosphere and the emerald of his eyes is pumping oxygen into my lungs, like young lively trees. 

Navy blue looks good on him, his button up shirt with rolled up sleeves showcases his bulging muscles. His beige jeans are tight and ripped at the knees. The combination of colors along with super wavy hair makes him appear like his a superstar from the 80s. His pupils are complimented by the pop of color of his clothes, it actually makes them appear sea green.

"Did you buy everything in the shops sweetheart?" Brad says, snapping me out of my thoughts and I look away. I'm reminded once again that I've been staring at Ethan for a while. Good God, his eyes are magical, they lure you in with no pre-warning. The good thing is that Myra has her back to my face. If she saw me, she would annoy the hell out of me.

"Don't exaggerate. It's only some bits and pieces for the both of us." She says as she pulls away and all we stand in a circle.

"You guys remember each other from last night, right?" Brad tries to get us to talk but fails miserably. Instead, I just nod awkwardly at Ethan and he does the same with a faint 'hmmm' sound.

 "Where's the car, we need to put these babes in it?" Myra saves the situation, as always.

"It's parked a little far from here. But McDonald's is right here." He points at it with his hand. "Let's go eat first."

Ethan seems to have overcome his shock or whatever it is and follows Brad inside while I, on the other hand, am standing still in place with the bags in my hands.

"Please don't be mad Hanna. Just give it a go and I'll leave you alone. Plus it's his birthday, it might be your chance." Myra says all in one go and then lets out a sigh of relief.

I don't know if I'm more angry at my best friend for doing this or at myself because I poured my heart out for her. I should've known this would happen from her hint last night and I shouldn't have came with her today in the first place. 

"We'll talk about this at home. Let's go in now." I feel like a rude asshole glaring at my best friend but I'm serious when I said I can't risk my chance at love. After getting my point clear, I hook my arm around hers and nudge her to go in, with a warm smile, because I can't be angry at her for more than ten seconds.

When we walk in, I'm thankful to see that the boys sat next to each other. We sit on the opposite bench and I only notice that I'm sitting in front of Ethan when I do so.

Okay Hanna, no more staring. Keep yourself up. It's just the eyes that are attractive. He's playing it cool. Just play it cool.

"How do you like it in Leeds so far Aidan?" Brad is the one to start the conversation. Since it's their idea, the son of a bitch has to get us out of this discomfort.