Captain (Sample)

This has been buzzing around my head as a plot for a looooong time now and I wrote this ages ago and I decided to post a sample

This has been buzzing around my head as a plot for a looooong time now and I wrote this ages ago and I decided to post a sample. It's not coming soon but in the future sometime and I haven't updated here for ages so take a look at this 😭💕

I stepped out of the freezing shower hurrying to wrap a towel around my wet body to try and retain the warmth I had lost whilst showering with mid-Winter water. My teeth chattered as I pushed open the rickety door and rushed into my bedroom, which was really, in all of its entirety a very small cramped space which was crammed with Psychology text books in one corner and the wall opposite my bed was covered with a equally as small bookshelf which was also crammed with books. The other corner had my wardrobe and it's very limited amount of clothing, to which I was currently rushing towards. I pulled open the door which squeaked loudly making me wince as I scanned my options while bouncing on my toes from the freezing air in my heatless apartment.

My clothes really were limited.

I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans which I had gotten at a half price sale from this shop that was jammed in between a TopShop and a MonSoon. I couldn't even recall the name because the board at the top had fallen off. I also grabbed a thick, turtle necked, woolly grey sweater which I knew would engulf me whole-- which was exactly what I needed in this awful weather.

I then rushed to my cracked dresser and grabbed a baby pink pair of knickers  and my black bra.

*

I hurriedly ate my banana almost moaning at the heavenly taste. I was starving, the only thing I had for dinner last night was a Bombay BadBoy Pot Noodle, which by the way, was not at all nice, so right now this banana tasted wonderful. I was tempted to have another however I knew I couldn't otherwise I wouldn't have one for when I actually desperately needed it.

So, throwing the peel away I slung my ripped backpack onto my shoulder and sped out of my small flat, locking the door behind me-- not that I really ever saw a point, no one was going to rob me for I had nothing of any value, but whatever.

I raced down the stairs because the lift in this apartment building was nearly always broken, or it would break half way down to the ground floor, so there was no chance I was taking that. I raced out into the lobby which was taken up by a male drooped against the far wall, several beer cans surrounding him, and a bored looking security guard standing near the door.

I hurried out of the doors into the wintery air feeling my whole being tremble from the freezing temperatures that were engulfing Britain as of now as I dreamt about a steaming coffee or a hot chocolate to wake me up however I did not possess that kind of money to blow on useless drinks, I needed every penny of my wages to merely survive.

I walked into the bustling campus of my uni, feeling a familiar wave of insecurity wash over me that always did in the mornings due to feeling embarrassed for my slightly tattered clothing and my non polished looks. My lack of makeup, my ripped backpack and most of all, of where I lived. It was not the best place around-- at all, and if any of these students caught wind of that I would surely die of humiliation. Just like that.

Poof. Dead.

Although my pace frantically slowed down from a rushed speed walk to a more calm and elegant (probably not, but I tried) walk once I caught sight of Harry Styles, AKA, my crush since my first year here. I sighed heavily as I watched him stand with a group of guys from his football team, yes, his, he was the captain, whilst they chattered loudly, their deep voices echoing around the grounds he stood with his tatted arms crossed, his biceps bulging and his shirt pulled taut around his broad shoulders.
He was so quiet and mysterious, only spoken when spoken to, but definitely not in the shy way, he walked around with total ease and confidence but I'd never heard him say a word (sadly). He was awfully quiet and mysterious. No one really knew anything about him, only that he was exceptionally good at Football, and had a short temper which no-one dared to snap. It had happened once, I remember I was merely a freshman walking alone and I remember hearing a commotion and catching sight of some stupid Jock who had said something he probably really regreted, and watching with half horror and half amazement as Harry had knocked him flat out unconscious with one powerful swing of his fist.

It was petrifying, so although he was my crush and every time I saw him, my insides would warm merrily and my heart would skip a beat, there was always a strike of fear that hit my tummy whenever I caught sight of those brooding dark green eyes.

I sighed as I watched him, his brows furrowed in a permanent frown as he stood with his teammates before class, jaw clenched as always and a emotionless blank mask across his beautiful face. I frowned sadly as I turned the corner, Harry leaving my sight. Oh, how I wished to get to know him, find out the meaning behind his large tatted arms, just hold a conversation with him would be incredible, but that would never happen.

I, for one, was far too shy to ever approach him and try to make conversation, and he would never talk to the poor girl who often wore clothes from charity shops. We were worlds apart, yet I craved to know him like no other. He frightened me, yet intrigued me beyond measure. I huffed, shaking my head as I entered my first class of the day; Abnormality Psychology.