Chapter One.

The bakery was in shreds. The corpses were tearing it down further. Nixon's dream was put into ashes. Nothing was going to change that. Winter was fighting back.
Winter rushed into the kitchen and swung the door shut. She slammed a metal cart in front of it, pushing it against the door so the undead couldn't enter. "Damn it..." The blue-eyed female muttered. Zombies are so annoying. Ask anyone who's alive. Winter sighed. Her legs felt as heavy as lead from running so much. Her clothes had some blood splatters and they were dirty. She had bruises and cut marks all over her arms. She desperately needed a shower. Her ammo was strapped across her chest and she had a sniper rifle on her back. Don't forget the dagger in her pocket for extreme emergencies.
Winter kept the cart against the door. "All or nothing," She muttered. She sounded confident, but on the inside, Winter wanted to explode. She let go of the cart and jumped onto the counter, pulling out her two pistols as quickly as possible. Fully loaded. The creatures of the dead poured out like water flowing out of a broken dam. She started firing, mainly at the closest. The ones that tried grabbing her ankles, she kicked.

Technically, no one knew how the virus started. They just knew, that if you get bit, you're gone unless you cut off the limb that you got bit at. Got bit as the neck or the torso, you're for surely done for. If you would've gotten bit on your hand, you could cut it off, but do it quick. Some people say that someone had a unique disease that simply started spreading. Some said it was the medicine someone gave a cancer patient. Then there is others.

Winter was hanging out with her sister, Naomi. Naomi was acting odd. She kept on slurring her words and her hands kept shaking. She had a horrible bite on her arm. She said a stray dog bit her. She started to drool a bit. 'What the hell is going on?' Winter thought.

Naomi's eyes started to changed. Her eyes became bloodshot. She groaned, holding onto her stomach. "Are you okay?" She asked urgently. Naomi shook her head quickly and started grumbling things that didn't make sense. Naomi tried attacked Winter, she pinned her to the couch, grumbling and drooling. "What's wrong with you?" She asked in panic. Fear washed over her eyes as her sister tried to bite her. What? She's trying to bite me? Winter was so confused, but this wasn't Naomi. This was a monster. Were vampires real? Was she becoming a werewolf? Nope. A zombie.

Winter whispered "Sorry," before she kicked her in the stomach, sending her flying away into a glass coffee table, shattering it, It didn't stop her. Naomi, well what used to be Naomi, got up and acted as if it were almost nothing, limping over to Winter. A large piece of glass was digging into the side of her leg, making it bleed dramatically. Winter ran and grabbed her phone, dialing '911'.

"Hello, 911, what's your emerg-"

"She's is trying to kill me! Her eyes are bloodshot and she looks terrible! She has a huge bite on her arm and she's coming at me righ-" Naomi tried clawing at Winter, but she dodged it followed with a gasp, then ran into the bathroom. She locked the door. Naomi kept on slamming her fists against the door, followed by growls and mumbles for words.

"Please remain calm, the police are on their way. Do everything you can t-" All she could hear was a drop and the line became dead.
Winter had dropped the phone. Naomi punched the door once again, this time, it started to form a hole. Another punch. A hole. Winter looked around the restroom in a panic. Naomi kicked another hole in the door. It was falling apart and she could get in soon. Winter ran towards the toilet and took the top of it off. Naomi started to crawl her way in. Tears were trickling down Winter's cheek as she backed away. Once Naomi attacked, she smacked the top against her head, causing it to turn to the side as she fell onto the cold hard ground. You could still hear some mumbles. Naomi grabbed onto Winter's foot. "I'm sorry." She said with a small squeak as she smashed it against her head. Naomi was dead. Winter dropped to her knees and sobbed into the palms of her hands. "I'm sorry," She repeated to herself. She felt so guilty, but it was self defense and she didn't exactly know what was going on. She swore it had something to do with the bite. "D-Damn it..!" She banged her fist against the floor. She heard more grunts and mutters from outside.
Turns out, it was happening everywhere. So far, Winter only knew it happened to the country. She fought every one of the little fuckers she had seen. She personally doesn't think she's going to make it the whole way, but she was going to try and make it as close as possible to the end.

Someone came barging into the door. It was a small, thin, mixed male with dark brown hair and glossy earth brown eyes. He was holding an Uzi. He started shooting the zombies near Winter, so they all started coming towards him. Winter quickly reloaded then shot the ones coming near him. Eventually, they were all completely dead. If the male wouldn't have came in time, Winter would've most likely been dead. She twirled the guns in her hands and put them in their holsters
Tears formed into Winter's eyes as she ran up to the dark-haired boy and hugged him tightly, "Thank you so much, Riley."
___________________________
Who's Riley?
Yeah, I worked really hard on this! I started around the end of the last school year during the end of the day. I didn't really want to talk anyone so I decided to ask the teacher and she let me write on Google Docs on the computer. I just now really got back to it, and I'm proud of the way it came out. Expect more! Maybe comment your thoughts too? Maybe comment who you think Riley is? Anyways, I hoped you liked it!