Chapter Two

"Why do you get to sit in it?" You whined as Poe climbed into the old starfighter.

He held his hand out to you, "I told you, we can share," Poe said as he helped you in.

The RZ-1 A-wing interceptor had been your mother's after the Rebellion. Before she died, she often took Poe in there to teach him how to fly it. Four years after her death, at the age of just 12, Poe had learned to fly the A-wing perfectly.

"Why didn't Mum ever teach me how to fly it?" You asked as Poe made room for you on the pilot's seat.

"Because you never asked her," Poe laughed.

"Can you teach me then?"

"You're too young," he mumbled, flicking the controls on the panel.

"I'm ten!" You said matter of factly, clearly thinking yourself old enough to pilot your own A-wing.

"Well its too dangerous," Poe replied, putting a helmet on.

"What? Because I'm a girl?!" You were getting frustrated at him now.

"No, silly," he said, "Because you're my little sister," he put a helmet onto your head too and laughed when it slid down to cover your entire face.

You frowned, lifting it up, "So what?"

"So, I have to protect you now that Mum's gone," he responded as the starfighter began moving towards the runway, "And that means no flying on your own until your at least.... Fifty!" He teased you.

As you approached the runway, Poe began to prepare for take off.

"Well I'll just ask Uncle L'ulo to teach me."

"He won't," Poe said, not looking at you as he focused on lifting the starfighter from the ground.

"Then I'll ask Dad!"

"Dad isn't a pilot, Y/N." Poe reminded you.

"Well then I'll tell Dad you're being mean and we'll both be banned from going anywhere near the Hangar!" You announced, sounding proud of yourself.

Poe rolled his eyes as the starfighter took off, "One day, Y/N, you'll thank me for being so protective of you."

"Doubt it," you muttered.

Present Time

"I had no idea we had the best pilot in the Resistance on board," Poe was woken up to the sound of a robotic voice speaking to him.

He lifted his head, realising he was in restraints. He soon narrowed his eyes when he noticed Kylo Ren in the far corner of the room.

"Comfortable?"

"Not really," Poe retorted.

"I'm impressed," Kylo said as he walked towards him, "No one has been able to get out of you what you did with the map.

Poe felt proud of himself, "You might want to rethink your technique," he spat. If there was anyone in the entire Galaxy that he wouldn't think twice about killing, it was this man. The man who ruined his sister.

Kylo lifted his hand towards Poe and he shuddered, anticipating what was about to happen. Poe's face contorted into a grimace as he felt the Force user dig deeper into his mind, trying to extract the information that he had wanted to keep hidden.

Poe's head slammed back loudly.

"Where is it?" Kylo demanded.

"The Resistance will not be intimidated by you," he said before being lifted slightly as Kylo entered his mind once more. This time he was not as forgiving.

"Where is it?" Kylo asked again.

Poe screamed in agony, knowing he couldn't endure the pain any longer.

Kylo stopped when he had found the information he needed. The map was in the BB unit.

Poe rested his head back, trying to catch his breath. Kylo moved past him and Poe heard the doors open.

But before he could leave, Poe mustered the energy to speak, "I want to speak with my sister."

Kylo immediately stopped in his tracks, and Poe sighed in victory as he heard the blast doors close once more.

He stormed back into the room and faced Poe, "She's not on board."

"You're here aren't you?" Poe half laughed, "Wherever Y/N's precious Ben Solo is, she won't be far behind," he sneered, knowing he was pushing his luck by uttering his old name.

Slamming his fist into the wall, "Don't talk to me about her," he growled.

"You don't get to say that!" Poe was shouting now, years of built up anger against this man finally being released, "She's my sister and you took her away from us! From her family, her home!"

Kylo turned around, equally as angry now, "I didn't force her to come! She chose to follow me," he snapped, "You actually think I wanted her to come to the Dark side?"

"Well you didn't seem to stop her," Poe responded, his voice quiet now.

"I am aware of your resentments towards me, but even your family knows how much I care for her."

Poe rolled his eyes, "If you cared for her, you would have stopped her from coming with you. She had a good life waiting for her at the Resistance. What does she even do here? Spend her days pining after the man who took everything away from her?"

"She is well looked after. No harm has or will ever come to her under my protection," Kylo said, his voice sounding completely devoid emotion as he thought about what Poe had said.

"Y/N doesn't know I'm on board does she?"

"It's for her own good."

"You don't deserve her," Poe scoffed, "Even as him you didn't deserve her!"

"You think I don't already know that?!" Kylo exclaimed. Poe seemed taken aback by his response.

In the midst of their argument, Poe hadn't noticed Kylo call for the Storm Troopers to escort him out of the room.

As they entered and began taking Poe away, he called out, "One day you will do something so despicable that even Y/N won't be able to forgive you. That will be the day she comes back home, where she belongs."

The blast doors closed and Kylo was left alone in the room. He immediately took out his lightsaber and began damaging the walls, releasing his frustration.

"I know," he mumbled. Under his helmet, a single tear escaped Kylo Ren's eye.