Taken

About 1 year later..

Alexandra and Michaels friendship flourished. They played together in the park, and eventually, Lexas father let Michael come over to the house. They'd pretend to ride horses, using sticks and hopping around like the sticks were horses, pretending to be cowboys. They'd play hide and seek and tag, and sometimes they'd pretend they were outlaws, shooting each other down with finger guns. It was a beautiful friendship that was sadly cut short, in the most horrific way...

Alexandra's pov
"BANG BANG!" I shout as I point my finger at Michael. He ducks and rolls and shouts back, "BANG BANG, I GOT YOU!"
"DANGIT!" I yell, clutching my chest and falling to the ground, pretending to be injured.
Michael laughs and reaches his hand out to help me up.
"Michael, you always win the fight. Let me win sometimes!" I say with a pout.
Michael smirks and replies, "never!"
I frown. One day, I'll beat him.

Suddenly, a black vehicle drives up into my yard. A big, scary looking man gets out, not looking at me or Michael, and saunters into my papas house like he lives there. I stare at michael and he shrugs his shoulders. Seconds later, I hear a loud bang, and the man walks out.
He stops and looks at me for a second, standing still on my porch. Michael looks scared, but I don't know why.
Suddenly, the man runs towards me, grabs my arm and pulls me into the car. I scream for Michael as he runs behind the vehicle, but the car is too fast for Michaels little legs, and as we round the corner he disappears.

Michaels pov

It's been hours and I haven't stopped running. I don't know where I am, and I'm scared. I followed that car until I finally lost it, but managed to get lost myself as well. I'm afraid of what's happening to lexa. They better not hurt her! I knew what had happened. It was obvious, Lexas papa was a gangster. He got hit, and the hitman took his kid. I've seen a lot, and heard a lot my short 7 years on earth. I know a lot more than most kids. Poor lexa didn't even know her papa was affiliated. She's so innocent, and she doesn't deserve this. I'm going to find her, and when I do, I'm going to kill the man who took her.

I take off my jacket to use as a pillow. I lay down on the dirty ground next to a big building. As I stare up at the sky, I think about my mama and my father, and hope they aren't too worried that I didn't come home.
My eyes slowly shut and I drift off.