Chapter 2 Kingsly High

While walking from the junior parking lot, I observed all the different cliques and the actions they did. Seems like the jocks were chucking footballs as hard as they could like they were trying to inflate them. I turn to the left and see some wannabe journalists scraping up every little piece of dirt they could to get a story. Same with the wannabe detectives. Kingsly High had a lot of career based electives, so basically, everyone who attended had a goal in mind. Unless you were just pretty and attending because it was mandatory. That last option happened to be all of my friends summed up. My best friend Kate desired to be a "Victoria's Secret" model, but in my opinion, she would never meet the standards unless she had surgery. I could never say this to her face of course. And my bipolar friend Meredith believed she could find a husband who would fulfill all her dreams and desires. Pretty, not intelligent. 

Two seniors held the gold encrusted oak doors for me as I cleared an entrance for my friends. Some geeky guy gawked and cat called at Meredith and she exposed him on the spot. "Little dweeb, I know I'm hot, I don't need your reassurance". I turned around forcing a fake smile while I really felt like apologizing for Meredith's behavior. Kate was giggling and clutching her Lulu Lemon bag to take an "Outfit of the day" picture. Sometimes I thought these girls were ridiculous, I mean we were the prettiest girls at Kingsly, but I chose not to express it. 

Our trio turned the corner of the historic hallway and ran into half of the Lacrosse team. Well, there was only 9 players. But us girls prepared for the pickup lines as we immediately pulled out our phones and began "fake texting", trying to avoid eye contact. I made a huge mistake and discovered Cody was on the lacrosse team. He stopped walking by and placed his huge palm on my shoulder. "Long time no see...Becky", "Cody please for the love of God don't call me Becky". He smiled revealing an intense white smile, but that was nothing new, everyone pretty had perfect teeth. His other teammates stopped to look at out juicy conversation and cheered Cody on like he was leaning in for a big kiss. Instead, Cody reached into his gym bag and whipped out his latest edition iPhone. "Hey look, it's a dare from those jerkwads over there, but if I gain your number I get $5, could you help me out?". I was managing a straight face until he grinned and I let out a real non-forced smile. I typed my number into his contacts and clicked add contact, and then wrote "Rebecca :)". Seemed friendly enough. Cody scrambled back to his peers. 

Kate looked me up and down as I reached her locker. She turned back and entered her pin, "Why can't Jackson have a dare like that, only to me!?".  At this point I didn't know whether to give real advice or pretty people advice. I decided on the second. "Kate, no need to worry, he will be crawling back to you". Jackson was her ex and he was nowhere near interested in Kate because he discovered freshmeat girls. That was another name for hot freshmen girls. Kate shot me a look of sympathy and I gave her puppy dog eyes, very sympathetic I know. I stood at her locker refreshing my Snapchat because it was overfilled with snaps. Kate grabbed her books for the first 3 periods and took my wrist. I was scared a little so I jumped and that gave her more of a chance to pull me into the bathroom. "Check this out", she reached into her backpack and pulled out a crumpled up piece of napkin. She placed it in my hands to examine, which I did. "Look Kate,  me and Jessica... we are a thing and I need you to respect that, thanks. -Jackson". By this point Kate was tearing up at the fact that a Junior fell in love with a freshmen. I pulled some cheap towels out of the dispenser. "He's crazy, I hate guys so much, I want to be lesbian". I kind of giggled at that one, it's not like you could choose. Kate's beauty was falling apart as every tear rolled down, her mascara caking under her eyes, her foundation and contour were melting as if she dived head first into a pool. Yet somehow, if any girl walked into the bathroom they would still think of Kate as the prettiest girl ever, happy or sad. 

Meredith on the other hand was different. Mere had a decent face but she made herself insanely hot with the loads of flawless makeup. She also had a really good body to makeup for the okay face. I texted Meredith to come to the bathroom ASAP. I was about to leave before she came because I couldn't risk my grades. Last second, Meredith walked in strutting her new Good American jeans that tucked in every imperfection she didn't have. "Oh honey!", her lips curled as she gave my best friend a hug. Since I had heard all the details, I left the two alone to spread their fake emotions. I walked into Chemistry and sat down next to a old friend named Yasmin. She smiled a real smile and moved her books to let me sit. Yasmin had been my best friend in 6th grade until I hit puberty and she didn't. That was how I lost most of my middle school friends. But it's...whatever.