Chapter 1: The Early Years

Once upon a ti- Oh, this isn't a fairy tale? Okay, I can make this work!

This is a story of Phoenix Meteora, and how she got to where she is right now.

On July 27th 2000, Phoenix Meteora was brought into the world by Delphi and Lomond Arthur. As the first child of the family, Phe's expectations were set high, and she generally had to have a better reputation than her younger sisters. 

At the age of 2, she started to walk and talk. Phoenix was always babbling to her parents and daycare buddies.  She also loved to colour, and would often draw pictures of her parents. This was around the time when Delphi realized that it would be hard to keep her daughter safe.

Keep in mind, that she lived in the small village Tulakora, which had a population of around 500 people. It was on an island, which not many people knew existed. But, there were all kinds of animals. By the time Phe was 4, she was making friends with all of the squirrels are birds that lived around her treehouse.

This was around the time that her younger sister Fox was born. Fox was named by Phe, because of her fox friend who lived near the Arthur family's house. Fox was a late bloomer. She didn't talk or walk until around 3 years old, unlike her sister. Fox shared her love of animals with her sister. She would sit and feed the birds and squirrels all day if she had enough seed.

Some said the Arthur's only cared about their first daughter, but this was not the case. Delphi and Lomond found it very hard to raise a family in Tulakora. Delphi was a stay at home mom, while Lomond was a lumberjack for the village's government. You might be thinking: Well, if Lomond Arthur worked for the government, shouldn't he make good money? Sadly, no. It was a poor village. They did not have the money to pay their workers, so they got around 20 Sula's (Equivalent to dollars) a day, for 8-12 hours of work. 

In 2007, the youngest Arthur child was born. Her name was Tori. In Tulor, ( Tulakora's native language), Tori meant Horse of Fire. Lomond named her, as he believed the last child would be that spark of fire which kept the family going.

Tori was the baby of the family. She mostly got taken care of by Phoenix, as Delphi was no longer a stay at home mom. She had to work as a nurse at the local hospital to support her family.

A/N: I just read this over, and I loved it. Next chapter gets sadder, so proceed with caution.