13- Alterations

Sometimes we all need to make changes

Sometimes we all need to make changes. Big or small. But one thing is for sure, Tony Stark's alterations to Peter's suit are a huge difference. In Germany, the suit was simple and had only been designed for shooting webs, until someone, meaning Tony, made those changes, and now  the suit does probably just about anything. Except for shooting missiles, and charging smaller versions of nuclear blasts.

"What did he do to it this time?" I ask, glancing at the suit, as it lies on Peter's bed.

"A few modifications," Peter answers, trying to put a broken computer back together.

"A few? All he had to do was fix the web-shooter; not turn it into another one of his Red Snappers, or whatever he names his iron suits."

"To be honest, I don't even know what changes he made," Peter admits.

"Want me to go and talk to him about it?" I ask.

"You seem as if you want to look for a reason to pick a fight with him."

"Not pick a fight. Me? Fight Ironman?"

"You did it before," Peter points out.

I sigh, and sit down on the floor. "What are we going to do?"

"About what?"

"Everything. About Flash, about Vulture, about Shocker, and not to mention Tony."

Peter leaves the computer parts where they are, and turns to me. "I'll handle it," he answers.

"Not alone you can't," I said, rising to my feet. "Look, Peter. There's a reason why Tony doesn't want you to do things on your own. That's why you've got me, so you don't have to face these problems alone."

Peter looks at me for a while, and then flicks his eyes over to his suit. "What alterations do you think were made?"

"Beats me," I shrug. "So, you willing to let me help out?"

"You've been helping me. And I'll need your help in Washington too."

"That's still a thing?"

"Of course it is," Peter runs a hand through his hair. "Maybe we'll be lucky and get our rooms close to each others. Um, I mean..."

I sheepishly look down at my feet, and my heart skips a beat. "That'd be great. We can talk about what we're going to do about the criminals." I bring my gaze up to him. "Sound good?"

"Yeah," Peter says, kind of embarrassed.

"Should we check out the suit?" I smirk, with a mischievous glint in my eyes.

"I don't know about you, but I can't hack Mr. Stark's tech," Spidey says.

"Neither can I, but I bet we can find someone who can. Maybe you should give it a test drive."