Chapter Eleven

-Your POV-

"Myles (l/n) died at the age of thirteen." I grit my teeth as Hanji pauses for dramatic effect and I can practically feel Levi's eyebrows raise slightly.

"Cause of death, unknown" When Hanji says this I let out a small laugh, I knew what had happened to my brother and it was no mystery.

-Hanji's POV-

I look at (f/n) in surprise when she starts laughing as I talk about her twin brother's death. Before I can question her about anything she snaps up her head to stare at me straight in the eyes.

"Fine" She snaps at me and I can hear Levi shift on his feet beside me.

"Fine what?" Levi inquires and (f/n) glances at him before returning her gaze to me.

"I'll tell you everything I know" I smile triumphantly at her as she gives in to my earlier request. This is going to be good.

~Flashback Start~

-Back to Your POV-

My twin brother and I had been taken into Erwin Smith's house a month ago. At first we were both uncertain about the twenty-two year old man. My twin brother would always tell me to hide behind his back whenever Erwin came into the room. I don't know why because Erwin seemed so friendly to Myles.

It's now been a month and my brother has just told me to go to bed, he said that he had some business to take care of with Erwin. I didn't question my brother, my brother is smart, he knows what to do.

As I'm walking to our shared bedroom I hear laughing behind me. I turn around and start walking towards the source of the joy.

I find myself outside Erwin's office and I take a peek inside. My hand shoots to my mouth as I see what's happening.

Erwin is making paper airplanes for my brother as Myles plays with a cute wooden train set. I clutch my tummy as I start to feel mad.

'It's not fair that Erwin is so nice to my brother and not to me!' I slam the door behind me as I spin around and run out of the house.

It's snowing outside today.

As I'm running through the gardens I realize that I'm not dressed to be in the snow. All I'm wearing is my favorite (f/c) nightgown.

'Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway' I grumble to myself and start sprinting. The ground is slippery and I know that I should slow down but I can't. I feel as if the only way I can escape from my thoughts is to go faster and faster. So I do.

I don't know where I'm running and I can barely see anything in front of me thanks to the blinding white snow.

As I'm springing I realize too late that I'm running straight into a dead end of rocks and I realize all too late that I can't slow down enough to stop.

Luckily for me I trip over a tree root and instead of running face first into a wall of rocks, instead I crash over and roll towards them, the momentum of my fall only stopping once my body slams into the rocks, but not hard enough to break any bones.

I lie there for a moment in a crumpled heap, next to cold rocks and lying on freezing white snow, but I hardly feel the cold as I start to think about what I saw in Erwin's office and the way I felt when I saw them happy without me.

I feel betrayed but in the back of my subconsciousness I suppose I have always known that Erwin preferred my brother instead of me, after all, the only one Erwin meant to adopt was my brother, he only found out later that Myles came in a package deal.

Erwin only officially adopted my brother and had just let me stay in the same house. I suppose I have always known that he wouldn't accept me as his sister but I suppose I blindly denied that fact. I kept lying to myself even when Erwin would call me by my name but call Myles "Brother".

I start to sob as I finally come to terms with the painful lie that I had been telling myself, Erwin would never treat me like a sister, just that girl that always seemed to be in his house.

for what feels like forever I lie there in a heap. The cold winds have started blowing louder and I feel defeated. I don't want to move anymore... I'm too cold.

Just as I'm about to close my eyes and sleep I hear muffled shouting in the distance.

"... Are you?!.... Please come..... Where..... (f/n)?!" My mind jilts awake as I can hear my name being called. It's my brother. '

He followed me...'

"Where are you?!" I hear another voice, it's not Myles, it's... Erwin?

It's Erwin!

I somehow find enough willpower inside of me to stand from my position and start shuffling towards their voices, my body screaming in pain and my legs heavy to move.

"I'm.. here" my voice is quiet and pitiful as I try to yell out for help. Their shouting gets louder and I know that they must be following my footprints, although now that the snowstorm has gotten worse they won't be able to track me down for long.

'I have to hurry. I have to find them!' I start panicking as I try to move faster, but this only results in me tripping over that same root and falling face-first into the snow. I lift up my head and again amaze myself that I'm able to continue pushing my body to it's limits without giving up.

I start to crawl forwards and I can hear their voices getting even louder, they also sound panicked.

I want to keep pushing my body forward but I can't anymore. It's too cold, my body is in too much pain. I feel my body collapse and I lie defeated in the snow.

'I hope they find me...'