Chapter 1: in which Jae tries to act cool but ultimately fails

"I've always wanted to go to a haunted house," Sungjin said brightly.

Jae rolled his eyes. "Congrats, Bob. You got your wish."

The members were at an amusement park. Large roller coaster rides towered above them, crowds of friends and family were bustling all around, and the smell of candy and all sorts of food filled the air, along with the noises of laughter, screams, and chatter. The sun was still high in the air, with just a couple wisps of cloud.

Sungjin thought it was a good idea to let out any stress before heading back to Korea after their performances abroad. It would be fun, he said.

Fun as in riding super scary roller coaster rides that the maknae chose himself. Jae felt like his legs would turn to jelly if he were to ride another one of Dowoon's picks.

And then Sungjin had suggested they go to a ride that didn't require much energy, and thus they were currently in front of the haunted house attraction.

"House" maybe was an understatement. The thing was huge. It looked more like a mansion than it was a house. It was out of what appeared to be cracking cement, two stories high, with a roof that looked like it was going to collapse at any moment. It even had a creepy front yard as the queue line, with grave stones scattered about. The line wasn't too busy either.

"It looks fun," Brian said. He stood next to Jae and gave him a smirk.

"Oh come on." Jae glared at Brian and Sungjin. "You two conspired to ditch me in a haunted house. You guys said it during our radio show."

Brian laughed. "We were just joking."

"I'm not convinced. Besides." Jae looked at all of his members one by one. "I'm not afraid of haunted houses."

"Then go in one by yourself," Wonpil said innocently.

Jae gave him an 'I'll kill you when we get back' look before pointing at Brian. "I bet he's the one that's actually scared."