No cheating!

Grass swayed calmly in the plain field, pushed by the gentle wind. Ladybugs flew by, merrily going by in their day. Dust and dirt remained settled. A pumpkin dog could be seen snoozing near its owner's residence lazily. The whole area was totally ignorant of the fact that a fierce battle was about to take place.

A boy could be seen standing a distance away from a taller, bluer person, both of them in a large patch of grassless dirt - as if this spot was selected purposely. The opposing beings each had an ally with them.

"Muhaha! You'll never beat us!" The boy - Steven – chuckled in a taunting manner, his hands on his hips in a proud gesture as a purple warrior stood beside him. She looked like she was ready to pounce on whoever her poor opponent was, eyes grinning and hands in a grabbing motion.

"I don't agree with your words." Lapis – his opponent - challenged dryly, thrusting her open hand towards her enemies in a gesture that did not match her tone. A scrawny green being stepped out from behind her, rubbing her hands together and cackling evilly. She wore an untrustworthy smile, like she was plotting something devious.

"How will your Peridot win against my Amethyst? This is a match where brains will not win against brawn." Commented Steven on his opponent's 'familiar'.

"I don't know" Lapis admitted. "I'm sure she'll think of something."

That made Steven laugh, breaking his character for a bit. While he wasn't his warlock-summoner persona, he made sure no one had any questions. "So, do we all know the rules? The summoner can issue one command at a time, and the familiar has to obey unless it's out of their range of abilities." The 'familiars' and Lapis nodded.

"No attacks with force so that somebody actually gets hurt." Everybody looked at Amethyst and she made a show of chomping the air in retaliation.

"If a familiar is beaten, then they are defeated and that's final." He pronounced, not letting himself look at the purple gem because he knew that was another rule she was prone to breaking.

"If there are no questions, then let's begin the ULTIMATE MAGIC WIZARD FAMILIAR MONSTER BATTLE!!" The hybrid yelled excitedly, raising his hands like he was conjuring a lightning storm above him. The weather did not change as his voice echoed through the sleepy farmland, a bird unrelatedly taking off from a nearby tree.

Lapis flicked her hand out absently again, commanding Peridot to oppose Steven's wild familiar. The green gem stepped forward and lifted a leg as if ready to do a little kick as she held her hands to her chest like tiny claws.

Amethyst stepped forward without an order from Steven to do so, holding her hands in fists and bopping back and forth on the spot. Behind her, Steven bowed a little.

"Full-blooded gems first?" He saluted, offering Lapis to have the first turn (yes, they made it turn-based).

The ocean gem nodded and accepted. "Peridot. Kick Amethyst." She issued, and the green gem pattered over to the quartz warrior anti-climatically before lifting her leg and smacking Amethyst in the torso with it. The move pushed the purple gem back a little with miniscule effect, but Peridot smirked like she clearly had the upper hand.

"Ugh." Said Amethyst.

Steven permitted Amethyst to counter-attack. "Amethyst! Don't give up!" He encouraged. "Summon your whip!"

The purple gem did so and lifted it with a grin, but Steven yelled out "That was our turn!", so she had to put it back down.

"C'mon dude, I wanna fight!" she complained, shoulders sagging and face drooping as she rolled her eyes.