2.8

Chapter 2.8: stupid blonde highlights

"I missed you too, but you can let go of me now

"I missed you too, but you can let go of me now." Ethan ruffles my hair playfully. Honestly, he was just what I needed. The perfect scope for hope, revenge, and happiness. Not that my friends didn't make me happy, it was just that Ethan had a way with making me feel better about Grayson. He always did.

I quickly let go of him and apologize with a huge grin on my face. Ethan replies with a small smile but his face showed him to be deep in thought, "I didn't expect Grayson to react like that. Thought he'd be happy to see me."

My lips form a straight line and I suck in a breath, "Yeah things have been awkward and very tense."

Ethan rolls his eyes, "Tell me something I don't know."

Principal Duvall releases us after a few questions, promising to talk to Grayson later (even after we said there was no need). As soon as we're outside, I lock eyes with a familiar blue-eyed boy. I just can't put my finger on when and where do I remember him from.

"it's been so long sweetcheeks," He unlatches Ethan's arm from my shoulder and replaced it with his own. I look at it with disgust before sharing a look with Eth, "I haven't seen you in forever but you've definitely had a glo-up."

The disgust doesn't wipe from my face so he keeps talking, "Not that I didn't find you attractive in NJ."

So that's where I remember him from.

"Um, Ethan?" I gesture to the blabbering boy. He reeked of a mixture of different cheap perfumes.

Grant immediately understands me and puts a hand on blue- eyes chest, stopping him instantly, "Steven, you when did you get here? Thought you were staying in the car?"

Steven's face shifts into an oh yeah look as he brews up an explanation, "Yeah had to piss real badly. Got here like only two seconds ago."

Ethan nods. Oddly relief washes over his face, "So you didn't see Gr-..."

"See who?"

"Nevermind." Eth shakes his head. Before I or Steven could ask for an explanation, the door to the office flings open and in floods four all too familiar, fuck-boyish, looking boys that I call my friends.

Shawn pipes up first, "What happened? Did he get arrested, I hope he did."

Cameron nods his head, "Yeah, he definitely deserves it."

I roll my eyes, their hypothesizes were out of this world. Instead of answering their gazillion and one questions I ask a question of my own, "How'd you guys get here? It's the middle of the third period, you guys should be in class."

This time it's their turn to roll their eyes. And the weirdest part was that it's in perfect sync. And like a rehearsed line all of them say the same thing in unison, "Our Kendall senses were tingling."