the bookstore. {part I}

You had just moved to London three weeks ago, and felt beyond lucky that you had managed to secure a job as a storekeeper in a small, quiet antique bookstore. It didn't pay too much, but it was enough to pay your rents, and it had quickly become your safe haven.

Your job was simple enough; you just needed to make sure all the bookshelves were kept in order, mend the cash register, and record every payment.

It had been a week since you had landed the job, and most days weren't very busy, with occasionally a few elderly women coming in to purchase cooking books. Today in particular was even less isolated than usual, with only two customers so far, and because of this, you decide to reorganize the bookshelves.

For the past hour, you had been reorganizing the sci-fi section. You weren't quite sure what the previous storekeeper had been thinking when they had staked the books. It was a complete war zone. Reorganizing has become a huge distraction, to the point where you didn't hear the ring of the front bell signaling that a customer was inside. Why the hell is this bookcase so high, you yell internally as you try to place a stack of books on the top shelf. Somehow, you manage to trip and lose your balance, making all the books fall down and land on your foot. "Fucking shit," you yell, completely disregarding the possibility of there being any customers around.

"That's not very professional, don't you think," a smooth, elegant accent comments from behind, completely startling you. You jump and smack your knee on the shelf, earning another string of profane words to escape your lips. You turn around and are met with a pair of piercing emerald eyes. Your breath hitches in your throat, and a heat begins to form within you.

"You get back to me when a stack of hardcovers fall on your foot," you grunt. The mysterious boy smirks. He turns around and walks towards the classical literature section. You take this opportunity to shamelessly watch him from behind. His lean, yet lightly toned body is covered in all black; black skinny jeans, black t-shirt and black shoes. Bronze hair peeks through his black beanie, and his skin is pure of tattoos and piercings, a contrast to his all-black attire. As he shifts to the side to browse through the titles, his impossibly sharp jawline, high cheekbones, and strawberry-pink lips become very apparent. Although he holds a boyish charm in his features, he's undeniably sexy. Plus that accent - who was this guy?

You subtly watch him as he leans against the bookshelf, flipping through a book. "Do you read much?" you ask.

"What is much?" he smirks back at you, placing the book back in the shelf. He then reaches out to grab a copy of Tom Sawyer.

You don't know what's making you want to talk this boy, but there's something so mysterious and desirable about him, that you can't help yourself. "Good choice. Have you read it before?"

"Once or twice," he half lazily responds. You only give him a small nod before walking back over to the sci-fi section. "If you need anything, feel free to ask. I'm Y/N," you smile at him. He looks over and gives you a curt nod.

His smooth voice slips out of his sweet lips as he speaks the two syllables that would soon change your world; "Robbie."
---------------------------------------------
{to be continued}
---------------------------------------------
A/N: omg I finally wrote an imagine that doesn't have  "mature content" in it?! who knew that I could write something that doesn't make me sound like a horny fuck?!! lmfao not for long though ;)

and wow it's been a pretty long time since i've posted a new imagine, but i had this fucked up case of writer's block but it's finally over and i'm back ayy

also ik this is short af but i'm currently in the process of writing part 2 :) as always, please vote/comment/share this story to let me know your thoughts (should i continue it? or make it longer than two parts? idk let me know please :))

Also wTF THANK YOU FOR OVER TWO HUNDREDS READS MORE IN A MONTH ILY ALL SM OMG

xoxo,
IK :)