Her Hero

Steve's POV.

Steve had just been captured by HYDRA and so far his idea had been going exactly as planned. The HYDRA soldiers brought Steve to Schmidt or as he was now known Red Scull. The two soldiers had put him in handcuffs and were holding his arms tightly. They pushed him to his knees.

Red Scull glared at him. "Arrogance may not be a uniquely American trait, but I must say you do it better than anyone. But there are limits to what even you can do, Captain. Or did Erskine tell you otherwise?" Steve narrowed his eyes at the evil man and spoke casually. "He told me you were insane."

Anger flashed across Red Sculls eyes

Anger flashed across Red Sculls eyes. And stood up straighter. "Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine. But he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?" He hissed. Steve slightly grinned. Then he shrugged. "Nothin'." Then he looked Red Scull in the eye. "I'm just a kid from Brooklyn."

Finally having had enough of Steve's round about answers, Red Scull hit him as hard as he could in the jaw and then in the stomach

Finally having had enough of Steve's round about answers, Red Scull hit him as hard as he could in the jaw and then in the stomach. His head hung down and he winced in pain. The man had a pretty good punch. He panted and looked Red Scull dead in the eye. "I can do his all day." Red Scull glared evilly at Steve. "Oh, of course you can. Of course. But unfortunately I am on a tight schedule." He told Steve sarcastically. Schmidt aimed a pistol at Steve head ready to kill him.

Steve smirk slightly knowing what was about to happen. "So am I!" He shouted. Suddenly his team came crashing through the window of the room. The fight began.
About 30mins later*********************

Steve was now following Schmit down a hallway. He saw him go through a retracting wall. Steve threw his shield blocking the wall from closing. He began to run to the wall, but was stopped by flames. He stumbled back and saw what it was. It was a HYDRA robot with flame throwers. 'Great!' Steve thought. All he could do was run and shield himself with the walls. If he got too close he would catch fire.

Steve ran behind a corner and saw the flames coming closer. 'Come on Steve! Think!' He screamed at himself in his head. Suddenly there were loud shots fired. The flames disappeared. Steve peeked around the corner and saw the robot on the ground, destroyed. He turned and saw a group of soldiers lead by Colonel Philips and Peggy.