IV.: A rival?

It was another beautiful spring morning. You lied in bed and looked through the spaces between planks covering the window. You asked Undertaker many times why there are but you never got to hear the truth. It was a lazy morning, so you decided to stretch again and don't think about that. You wore white nightgown and were running your fingers through your [h/c] hair. You felt relaxed and had no intention of getting up any time soon as it was Sunday and you had no job for today. Or that was the plan before you heard a certain someone knocking on the door. "Come in." You called and sighted. "Good morning my dear~." Undertaker stepped in with a tray in his hands. His hair was still messy except for the single braid. "Looking good." You teased him with a smile. "Now that's not a nice thing to do to someone who made you breakfast, is it." He pouted. Your attention was however fixed on the tray in his hands. On it there were two plates, each with fried egg and slice of bread. It smelled so good it almost made you drool. "I'm sorry. Could we eat now, pretty please?" You looked at his with puppy eyes and the nicest smile you could manage. "You're so cute~." He chuckled, making you turn away blushing. What's with the breakfast anyway?! It was, well... romantic. Your face was as red as tomato by now. "Your food's gonna get cold." He whispered into your ear and you jumped back. Laughing, he sat on the place you left a second ago. "Thank you." He chuckled and gave you a plate with knife and fork. You put the first bite into your mouth and closed your eyes in bliss.

-----

Undertaker's POV

He watched your reaction, grinning from ear to ear seeing that you enjoyed the meal he made. Of course he knew that the food would be delicious but he was enjoying watching you more than any food ever. The way your [e/c] eyes sparkled with happiness and your [h/c] hair still messy from rolling in bed made him gaze at you in awe. He knew you were pretty ever since he saved you that night and that it would be hard not to develop a crush on you. And so far he was failing. How was he supposed to resist your beautiful looks, bright [e/c] eyes and charming personality? You gave him oh so many fits of laughter. You became quite precious to him which was extremely rare to happen thus Undertaker unconsciously was a bit possessive about you (as you could notice every time you went to shop and he wouldn't let you go alone or how he always was suddenly more touchy-feely when other males were in the room – which you didn't mind at all).

"...are you alright?" He saw you looking at him worriedly. "I just spaced out for a bit." He shook his head chuckling and quickly finished his food. He took both your plates to the kitchen to wash them therefore leaving you alone to change. He finished the task and patiently waited for you to come down. He smiled widely when he saw you. You opted for simple and comfy clothes for today – [f/c] top with long sleeves, white shirt underneath and grey skirt. "Now them why don't we do something about our hair together?" He grinned like a cheshire cat and led the way to bathroom with a tall mirror. There he made you stand in front of it and took a comb. He was careful not to pull on your hair, brushing them quietly with peaceful smile on his lips. Your [h/l] [h/c] hair was so soft and nice to touch. Then he got an idea – a brilliant one that made his heart jump. Slowly he got to work and before you knew it, you had a little braid on the left side of your head. "Now, we're matching!" He exclaimed excitedly but still calmly compared to how he was feeling – his heart racing and stomach full of butterflies. "That's perfect!" You squeaked and leaned to the mirror to take a better look at it. You turned to him and smiled. "Now your turn! Sit here please." You pulled a chair out of corner and patted it. He did as he was told and sat down, taking off his hat. You started brushing his silver hair just as carefully as he did a moment ago to you. He closed his eyes and relaxed, enjoying the sensation. He only tensed when you tried to pull the bangs out of his face. "Don't do that." He stopped you. "But I wanna see your eyes!" You pouted and even though he was dying from your cuteness, he said no. "I don't know your name, your face, do I even know you?" You murmured hurt. He sighed. This was so hard for him but he didn't want to make you angry. "Fine, I'll close my eyes, but at least you can see my face." He doubted that you were familiar with shinigamis but couldn't risk it. No. He wasn't going to think about that. Thinking about your reaction if you knew the truth always made him terrified. Also bright yellow-green wasn't all that natural colour of eyes. And the name... Well, it was something he always kept secret and didn't share it with anyone. It was a part of his past. Past he didn't want to think about. But hell, he'd sure love to know your name! "Fine." You sighed and moved your hands towards his face. He was almost shaking with nervosity, afraid of your reaction when you see him. It's been at least half a century since he last had those bangs out of his face. And back then he didn't care about what people would think but now with you looking at him...

-----

Your POV

Your chin fell down. You wanted to punch him in the face for hiding such beauty for himself. His face was so handsome even with the scar that went all the way up to his right eyebrow. Even his eyelid was scarred which had you thinking if his eye wasn't somehow damaged – that would explain why he doesn't want to you show you his eyes. You felt how tense and maybe even a bit scared he was when you tried to make him look at you with his eyes uncovered so it's probably true. You smiled fondly at him and let his bangs fall down to their place, brushing them gently. "I see now why you hide your face," you said nonchalantly but then couldn't help but grin, "You don't want all the ladies to fall for you." He bursted out laughing so hard he started drooling. "M-m-my my," another fit of laughter, "D-don't this t-to me dear~." He wiped the tears from his eyes. "Aah, that was so good." He chuckled. "Don't make me take my words back." You crossed your hands over your chest and glared at him. "I'm simply nothing to write home about. You on the other hand..." He chuckled and rose from the chair and looked at you, bringing your hand to his lips. This action was enough to make you blush. "You, my dear, are my eye candy." He said with honest voice and planted a soft kiss on your hand. You almost didn't hear him because of the rush of blood. Your heart might've just leap through your ribcage, so fast it beat. And you couldn't not smile.

You were saved from this awkward situation by loud knocking on the front door. "Don't they see it says closed?" You growled. Even though you felt relieved you didn't have to react to Undertaker's previous actions it irritated you since you'd like to see what would happen next. "It doesn't work like that for this one." He sighed, took his hat and both of you walked to the front door. "Undertaker! Open this instant!" Yelled a young sounding voice, maybe even childlike? You stayed behind the counter, wondering how does the person outside know him while the silver-haired man opened the door and two strangers came in. First of them was a boy, not older than twelve years, with navy blue hair and eye as blue as sapphire. He wore an eyepatch on his right eye and was dressed in dark blue jacket over a white shirt with black pants and shoes. A walking stick was in his hand. Second person was supposedly his butler judging from his attire. He had black hair and reddish brown eyes that seemed to see into the very bottom of your soul. He was very attractive you must say. Just as you thought this, he looked your way which made you look away. "My lord, welcome to my humble shop!" Your friend grinned. "What brings you here today?" He asked with his trademark creepy expression. The boy looked all serious and you wondered whether he ever smiles. You definitely had to ask Undertaker who is he after he left. "Who's that person?" He pointed at you. "Oh, she's my co-worker! She's a big help to old little me~." Undertaker said energetically and motioned for you to come closer. "It's a pleasure to meet you my lord." You bowed and smiled at the boy. You felt certain someone putting his hand and your shoulder. The earl smirked. "Does he keep you here by violence?" The hand on your shoulder squeezed. You had a hard time not being rude. "No, my lord. I enjoy working here greatly." You smiled again. The boy looked at you as if doubting your words and then looked at the man standing behind you. "I need some information about those recent poisoning victims." You were shocked – a boy this young asking about murders?! You knew the case as well as Undertaker – someone poisoned six people last week with a rare poison from some exotic country. "Sure, would you like to see the corpses?" Your friend asked. The blue haired boy thought about it for a while then said: "Sebastian, stay here with her and ask her some questions while I'll be looking at the corpses." He said and left with Undertaker who looked as if he wanted to protest but then didn't say anything.

So you stayed with the butler alone in the main room. You cleared your throat and smiled at him. "What would you like to know?" You tried not to sound nervous. This was the first time you were alone with a customer. "Your name will be enough for a start." He returned your smile.