If Love Wasn't So Hard

That night I slept uneasily. The owl's gaze was petrifying; he spoke in a low murmur.
"I know what you really want, Cassy. I can take you home." His talons raked the side of my face.

I screeched and jumped out of the bed.
Link rushed over to me from the kitchen. "It's only a dream." He tried to calm me. "You're okay, you're with me."
But despite his words, tears still streamed down my face. "Why didn't I go home?" I asked. "Why didn't I just go?"
Link looked sad. "You still can." Hd whispered.
But I knew I couldn't. Looking at his blue eyes and messy hair, I knew I loved him.
His brilliant gaze turned to me once again. "Is that what you want?"
I shook my head vigorously. " I could never leave y-" I cut my words short. You. I finished silently in my head.
He looked doubtful. Suddenly I couldn't stand it anymore.
"Why does it have to be so hard!?" I shouted.
"What?" Link asked.
Love! I wanted to yell. I felt like running through the forest, the wind in my hair.
But it would mean I would have to leave Link, alone and wondering if I would ever return. And although I loved him, I couldn't be sure I would.

Thank you so much for reading! :) I know it's short at the moment, I will be updating soon, I promise. It isn't well written yet, considering I have a lot of editing to do and little time. Please enjoy!

~Cassy out~