Chapter 1 - Franbow's Personality

Fran is an inquisitive young girl, who likes to examine her surroundings, scrutinize materials and combine them. She also thinks very vividly. To her social environment, she a nice, polite (but sometimes persistent and annoying) little girl. She's also quite smart, yet gullible at some points; sometimes clearly sending danger, whereas other times lets her curiosity get the better of her. Fran loves animals above all things and particularly Mr. Midnight. She is quite anxious and jumpy, but also courageous. She longs for her home, and to be with Mr. Midnight and her Aunt Grace.

Wether or not Fran truly suffers from some sort of psychosis is never revealed; it depends on wether the abnormal things she experiences (such as Itward, Mr. Midnight talking and all the twisted visuals) actually happen in reality, or just inside her head.

If the things were real, then Fran was never psychotic, to begin with; her family's tragedy only happened because of Remor's decision to toy with her, which led  her to be possessed by him. However, if they were, in fact, NOT real and only hallucinations, then it's likely just a result of her brain being tampered with through overdoses of Duotine by Dr. Oswald, affecting her mentality. In that case, Tenor could be seen as an avatar of Fran's own psychosis, her shadow, materialized by people experimenting on her.