Prologue

Inspired by the movie The Dictator

------------------

BACKSTORY

Ever since he was a tike, Harry, or shall we say Prince Harold Edward Styles has had his life leisurely handed to him on a silver platter with the equal rights of his father to top it all off. His only birth right was to become his father's successor and take the reins of England's sovereignty. There was an upraise of cheer and glorification following Harry's arrival as all of England and most of the world showed their gratitude to the awaited heir.

But what the world didn't know was that the Queen gave birth to two beautiful sons, whom happened to be twins. The insiders of kingdom were astounded by the matter whilst the outsiders and everyone else who weren't castle-bound were oblivious to it.

Marcel Edwin Styles, Harry's younger brother by a mere twenty three seconds, came as a surprise to everyone; being only because for the next heir to have an sibling was strictly forbidden and could've been a danger to their monarchy.

If it wasn't for the Queens stubbornness refusing to give up her child, little Marcel could've been quietly put to death on the spot. Not even the King could overrule her wishes. So as a result, he was kept under wraps from the whole world and out of Harry's limelight. There were strict orders going around the inside of the kingdom that no word is to be said about Marcel and that he should not be publicized. The absolute worst could happen if the word got out. The queen wanted to raise both of her sons, even if it was in secrecy.

As the first few years rolled on, the twins were undeniably close as brethren and managed to always blow in the doors of trouble as the dynamic duo spread mischief throughout the castle. But all the fun was abruptly put to the side as with Harry being the eldest son by mere seconds, had obligatory duties to attend to as the role of being the apparent heirloom to the thone; which took some time away from them two being commonly together in the same room. While Marcel would stand back and watch his brother transform into his father's figure desolately from the shadows.

Being as he was strikingly identical to Harry, Marcel would marvel at the way Harry was treated at the hands of other people. Often wishing he was born first so he could feel the same appreciation as his older brother. He was of royal blood too, but the thought of why he wasn't he in such high regards like his twin always crossed his mind. Of course no one wanted to tell a little boy he wasn't even supposed to be alive, so they just put it aside for when he's older and then maybe he'll understand what his mom did for him. Yet, he could never pull off such a sophisticated upkeep as Harry. They were just too different.

Marcel, with his black rimmed spectacles upon his face, whilst Harry, with his face free of any prescribed accessories. Marcel would keep his naturally curly hair slicked back to avoid hair in his face, while Harry prefered the royal stylists to style his curls loose and free; making it his signature look. Harry would be flocked with women while Marcel would watch him mingle from a window in his room. They don't even share a room like they used to; let alone the same air. The king had taken his heir under his wing and had him relocated to another room where he could have his space as he soon would when becomes the new monarch.

The only time they would meet and have a chance to socially catch up is at dinner and whatever time his father isn't smothering Harry. Nevertheless, Marcel's awkward nature just makes the situation uncomfortable so he kept to himself around other people. The separation made it clear to him that he probably was just a mistake.

But the two counterparts weren't all that different, solely in appearance; the twins never failed to amaze everyone around them with their particularly common actions. Even if it was just a simple imitation or mockery, they tried to reach out to each other as best as they could until it was deemed almost impossible to physically acquaint each other.