//endings//

I've always loved tragic endings to stories, I find it so beautiful. How something as confusing as love can be destroyed by something as simple as power. Perhaps it's a metaphor for life, telling you not to over complicate things. Or maybe whoever writes the story loves tragic ends. But I think the most tragic ending of all, is when two people that had the closest relationship choose to end it. And I'm not talking about a quick end, those are too simple.
I'm talking about the endings where there was no fight or any other significant reason for it to end other than you just grew apart. It always starts off small, like maybe canceling plans you had for lunch later that week because something more important came up. It moves on to where you don't talk for a few days , but soon those days turn to weeks those weeks to months and those months turn into years. And suddenly your closest confidant is suddenly a stranger, you may remember the big memories, but you don't remember the small thing like their favorite color. You may try to be friends again, but the truth is that person is not the same person they were when you separated, and you aren't the same person they knew. That is what makes it such a tragedy, not the separation, but the fact that it will never be the same. After writing this, I think I have a better understanding as to why tragedies are my favorites, it is because they are so realistic. While most of us will not kill ourselves to be with our partners, we seem to enjoy slowly destroying ourselves from the inside out.

//1-27-17//