Down the Hill

It occurred to me that Nash could have rejected me, but he didn't. I practically gave him every opportunity to. I told him that I slept with someone else and had feeling for someone else, and he still didn't. How stupid was I to tell him all those things? I must have been out of my mind. He looked over all of that and still was good with a fresh start. I was still smiling thinking about it.

Today Nash smiled to me as I walked up to grab my lunch. I made sure that his mom was nowhere around before I grabbed it though. That Woman still scared me. I didn't eat in the cafeteria though. I made sure that I got detention in the class before so that I would have to eat lunch in their classroom. Lots of teachers would have just made me stay after school, but this teacher in particular thought kids had too many activities after school and didn't want to take away their time. So lunch it was.

If I just asked the teacher to eat lunch in their room it would have been suspicious of me. Even though it probably was suspicious when I wrote "Fuck this" on the test paper and pushed together three desks and pretended to sleep. I wouldn't get up until the teacher gave me detention. It was a little extreme, but I also didn't study for that test. So it seemed like a win win situation.

At the end of the day no matter how hard I tried to avoid Hillary she still popped up. And not by accident, but because she stood right in front of my car.

"What do you want?" I re-adjusted my purse on my shoulder.

"I heard about the stunt that you pulled in history. Couldn't get laid last night so you had to try to get attention by laying on a desk."

"If that's all that you came to tell me then get out of my way."

"No." I had reached for my door handle, but she slapped my hand away.

"What is your problem?"

"You are!" She leaned against my car and slid her back down until she was sitting on the ground.

"How am I the problem when you are the one that kicked me out of my own table."

"You have been avoiding me." Was she serious? Of course I was avoiding her.

"I don't know if you remember this or not, but you were the one that called me a slut."

"I had to." She looked up at me, but I didn't look back at her. She knew I was waiting for an explanation as she didn't move away from my door, and I didn't take a step towards her. I could walk around the car and slide over to the driver's seat from the passenger's seat, but that would give Hillary an opportunity to jump in the car. I don't know why she would do that, but I also didn't know why she was blocking me from entering my own car in the first place. So I took precaution.

"No. You didn't."

"I didn't have a choice." She was pathetic.

"Then please explain to me how you didn't."

"The Alpha was the one that told me that you were not allowed to sit at the table anymore, and he had good reason too. He told us everything. I wouldn't want to be around someone that cheated on me with my best friend!" The way that she said the last sentence made me feel like she was actually referring to herself instead of the Alpha's perspective.

"You believed him over me."

"I had to believe him. He is the Alpha!"

"No you didn't. Is this just a way for you to gain the Alpha's trust and take him for yourself. Because I think I might have to tell you that he already found his mate, and kicks everyone else away."

When I said the word "mate" I saw her visibly flinch.

"Why did you have to sleep with Bronny as your re-bound when you heard the Alpha found his mate. Are you just going down the line of power? There are tons of other people to sleep with, but why Bronny?" I heard her voice crack. I looked around the parking lot and most people were gone except a couple cars that were probably there from students having after school activities.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I didn't sleep with him!"

"You didn't?"

This girl was getting on my last nerve. "That's what I've been fucking telling you."

"But how could you not sleep with him?" Now I was starting to feel like she was the one that was messed up in the head. "I mean he's...gorgeous." She looked to somewhere behind me, but I turned and there was no one there. She shook her head. "And if it wasn't him then why didn't he say anything to deny it?"

She didn't ask who it was that I actually slept with, or if I actually did sleep with anyone that night, she just asked about Bronny. "He's a fuckboy? I don't know. He just wanted more attention," I said.

Her eyes started to turn a darker color, but she stayed on the ground, she didn't look up at me. "Don't call him that!"

Everything clicked into place as I crouched onto the pavement in front of her face. "Is Bronny your mate?"

Her eye color turned back to her normal brown. She looked ashamed. "Yeah."

"Why did you never tell me?" I asked.

"Because he rejected me. Why would I want to tell someone the person that was meant for me, rejected me?" Nash's face popped up in my head, but I shook it away.

"When did this happen?"

Without hesitation. "Last year."

"About what time?" I had an idea, and she was willing to give up the information now. Probably because she felt so relieved to finally tell someone.

"When I started hanging out with you." By this point I was sitting next to her leaning up against my car. She continued, "You told me that you were dating the Alpha, and since you got the Alpha to like you I wanted to find a way for the Beta to like me. I wanted him to only see me, to only sleep with me."

"So how did you know it was him?" I wanted to ask if he just rejected her right away, but say it in a nice way. Why I was trying to be nice was also confusing me, but we had been friend for a year, which was a long time for me to hang out with someone.

"The 'welcome to the pack' dinner." I forgot about those, probably because I never had one of them. Instead of having a huge celebration with the whole to invite the new people into our pack the gamma, beta, and Alpha family would all invite the new members to a special dinner. "The second that Bronny entered the Dining room I knew it was him."

I wanted her to continue on with what happened after, but she suddenly switched topics to our other friend. "Sidney gets her mate to accept her right away. She gets him to drive her to school. She gets him to bring her flowers, just to make her smile, and what do I get? I got a mate that right after dinner took me to bed and rejected me after. It happened so fast too. In a blink I was naked. I climaxed. I was dressed. Rejected. Then at the door with my family as they thanked the other families for the dinner."

"A week later the Alpha held a party, and I didn't want to go back to that place, but that is when I met you. And I might not have been as friendly to you as I should have been, and I'm sorry. I'm also so sorry that I talked to you that way in the cafeteria yesterday. I didn't mean to say those mean things to you, especially about your mom, but I couldn't help seeing your mom as an older version of the girls that he sleeps with. Each girl showing me that there was something wrong with me for him to seek pleasure from someone else."

Her "sorrys" falling on deaf ears as she brought up my mom. I looked at her shoulder that was exposed from her tank top. It was bleeding yesterday and now completely healed.

"Can you forgive me?" Her eyes were big and round with unshed tears, but non came out.

I got up from the floor and she got up and pulled down her skirt so it wasn't too high. She still called me a slut, she never took it back. She might have said sorry, but deep down she still believed I was like my mom. People say things when they are angry. Hillary didn't intend to say those things to me, but she still meant it.

I didn't speak to her as I got into my car and rolled the window down on my side. She stared right at me as I said, "right now I don't have the heart to forgive you."

Anyone shocked about Bronny?

Thanks for reading! Its Monday...so I hope all of you started this week good.