Ch.4

'I ran as fast I could, for as long as I could

What am I going to do?'

Laurens Pov:

It's currently Monday and I've been trying to get ready for the past twenty minutes. I never really was a morning person. It's only been a day since I talked with Ally and found out I'm a hybrid.I had received numerous telepathic messages from Normani, wondering why I had left so quick and with no explanation I decided it was best to just not answer her. That was a bad decision because she had sent me a message telling me that she was picking me up on her way to school, no excuses. So now here I am after eventually getting my act together.

The doorbell rang so I hopped up from the couch and approached my door. I knew it was Normani on the other side so I just lazily swung it open and stepped outside. She cautiously eyed me before speaking up.

"Laur, are you okay?" Honestly I didn't even know the answer to that question myself. After a moment in thought I looked up to answer her as we made our way to her car.

"Honestly? I don't even know. Just a couple of days ago I was normal, everything was still normal..I can't even think straight Mani.........But everything is gonna be okay, right?" My eyes searched Normanis frantically, looking for some kind of answer. She smiles sadly and turns to me making sure that she still has an eye on the road while averting her attention to me.

"Everything will be fine, just try not to overthink" She replies. Sure like not overthinking was an easy thing to do. The car was silent for a couple more minutes until Mani decided to add something to her previous statement.

"Your eyes changed colour when you saw her Laur......." her words trailed off and I knew exactly what she was talking about. That was one of the main reasons I had ran out of there that night. That and fear. To say I was scared would be an understatement.

"I know Mani" I groaned before continuing "what am I supposed to do? why did it have to be Camila and not some guy that I wouldn't meet for at least another five years" I heard Normani chuckling lightly and I sent a look as to say "I'm being serious"

"Well you should blame the moon God. She's the one that chooses who a wolf imprints on. But hey, who says you have to be involved romantically with the person you're imprinted on. I mean why can't you have a platonic friendship. I don't think there's any rules, and besides you're straight aren't you?" Normani kept babbling on and on. Why is everybody taking a sudden interest in my sexuality all of a sudden. Damn.

"As far as I know, I'm into guys, so yeah" I didn't feel very comfortable talking about stuff like this, I never have been and Normani sensed it so we dropped it there. For the rest of the way to school we talked about anything and everything. I can't express how happy I am to have Mani, because without everything would be 1000 times harder.

The both of us stepped out of the car and made a bee-line to the school entrance. There were already a lot of people here and occasionally we'd have an odd look sent our way. I figured it was just because Normani and I were actually walking with one another, as usually I'd be with Luis, Vero and Lucy. I used to see Mani in the halls but didn't give to much notice as I thought 'oh just another regular student' boy I was off about that one. Once I had reached my locker I saw Vero waiting there for me. Normani and I parted ways, and I greeted Vero.

"Someones happy" I comment looking at her briefly before turning around and shoving some books into my locker.

"That's because I am Laur! This morning Ty asked me to sit at his table with his friends" She states with her hand over her heart. She genuinely looked content and that made me happy.