I Love You (Immortalanex oneshot)

*Aleks' P.o.v.*

It was a cool February evening and Aleks was out at the store to pick up some odds and ends he needed. As he wandered the aisle looking for what was needed he found himself in an aisle dedicated to that holiday that some held special but he didn't. In fact Aleks hated said holiday, and it was not because he was currently single. No. It was because he thought it was stupid for someone to have to "show there love" to you on said holiday just because that's the whole point of the holiday. You should show your love to someone everyday and why do you need a box of chocolates, a stuff bear, and roses to think that someone loves you. If you love someone and if someone loves you than that's all you need. You don't even need words, looks are more than enough to tell if someone's in love or not. Aleks hated Valentine's Day. He can't remember when he started hating it, all he knows is he does hate it but at the same time if and when he gets thinking about it he would love to be someone's Valentine. Even though Aleks believes you should show your love for someone every day a part of him likes the idea of one day dedicated to love. Love is a lovely thing when you think about it. It is the only thing that can make you feel on cloud 9 and hate yourself and the world around you at the same time. Love is something people take for granted and don't realize what they had till it's gone. There are people out there looking everywhere for love and then there are people who throw love around like its nothing more than a toy, something meant to be played with.

After what seemed like hours of just standing and staring at the aisle lined with stuff for Valentine's Day, Aleks finally awoke from his internal love/hate fight over his feelings towards said holiday. What surprised himself was that he had subconsciously walked into the aisle and was now looking at a little stuffed dog that had a heart in its mouth that said "I Love You" on it in big white stitching.  Looking down at the dog made him smile a little it was kind of cute and he would love to get it from someone even thought he would not admit that out loud. Sadly that wouldn't happen this year. Aleks pondered for a moment if he should buy the stuffed dog, sure he had no one to give it to but to be honest he was fine with that, he just wanted for himself. He can buy that for himself right? He did love himself so why not right? Aleks laughed to himself for being silly for trying to reason with himself on whether or not he could buy a stupid stuff dog for himself. Aleks finally decided to hell with it and grabbed the stuffed dog and continued to look for what he had actually came to get.

*A few days later*

 Aleks was sat at his desk in The Creature Office staring at the stuffed dog he had bought a few days ago. Eddie had made fun of him for buying it for himself and told him if he wanted he could be his Valentine, To which he declined and told him to go fuck himself. Aleks had found himself staring at the stupid stuffed dog quite a bit, though he didn't know why. Not like he had much time to think about it now as his Skype was going off with an incoming call. Without even looking at who it was he answered not like he had much else to do, which in truth he did but he was being lazy today. The next thing he heard was the deep familiar voice of his friend Kevin. "Hello??" Kevin's deep voice questioned. "Ha.... what... oh... Hello." Aleks finally said as he actually looked at his computer screen. To his surprised he was meet by a confused looking Kevin. "Are you ok?" the younger of the two asked still confused by what just happened. "What? Ya. I just wasn't looking when I answered so I was confused for a moment." The Russian man replied blushing slightly at his foolishness. "Dude why did you answer a call if you had your attention elsewhere?" The Asian male asked though a slight laugh. "Well my attention wasn't really elsewhere I was just thinking and then I heard the Skype noise and just hit the answer button." Aleks said as he continued to look at the stuff dog on his desk. "Why did you call me anyway?" He asked after a moment of thought.

"Oh I called you because i was bored and wanted to just talk to you. You know to catch up and such." Kevin said kind of awkwardly. "Oh" Aleks responded only half listening. "What in the world are you staring at?" The Asian man questioned. Aleks blushed when he remembered he had the video chat option on and Kevin could see every thing even him blushing witch caused him to blush more. "Ummm...." He stuttered "I'm staring at this umm... stuffed dog I have on my desk..." He trailed of not wanting to talk about it because he was sure the other would have something to say about it. "Um... why do you have a stuffed dog on your desk?" The younger of the two asked. " Well... I bought him for myself the other day and I didn't know were to put him so I brought him to my office.." Aleks trailed off again his blush getting worse by the minute. "Aleks? What's so embarrassing about have a stuffed dog on your desk that causes you to blush at the thought of it?" Kevin asked curiously. "Well... it might... kind of... be a Valentine's Day dog" He stated practically dying from embarrassment. Kevin just simply laughed at the other male for a moment before he spoke again. "You bought yourself a Valentine's Day dog." The younger male said while still laughing slightly. "Ya" Aleks mumbled regretting telling Kevin about the dog already. "Why did you buy that for yourself?" The taller male asked still chuckling at the thought of the dog. "I was at the store and I found myself in the Valentine's Day section and I saw him and thought he was cute and since I'm single this year for Valentine's Day I figured I could get it for myself. Problem?" Aleks said slightly annoyed at how much enjoyment Kevin was getting out of all of this. "No not at all." The other man laughed while holding his hands up in a defensive manner. "It's just..." He added not giving Aleks time to speak. "I thought you hated Valentine's Day?" Kevin questioned. "I do and I don't." Aleks stated bitterly. "I hate what people do to it, you know?" The Russian male asked. Kevin just nodded his head and allowed the other to rant on. "I hate how some people get all mad if their love one doesn't do something or get them something special on Valentine's Day. Like having someone to spend that day with is not enough they need some big show or something." Aleks ranted on with no end in sight. "But I like it because of the fact that it's a day dedicated to love and love is something people take for granted and play with so willy-nilly. Love is something we should celebrate everyday because who knows if we'll still have it tomorrow." Aleks stated finishing off his rant which wasn't as long as it could have been.