Prelude

•••

Another day. Another morning. Another man that she's seducing. It's a cycle. She hoped that that cycle would stay as it is. She'll get up from the bed, prepare herself, eat, and get out of their house without even saying a word to her husband.

Pft.

Really Carlota, husband? Your husband that's been air to you for years. Like he's invisible, but only to you. You only see him when he's needed to be seen. Only when you don't need to pretend that you have a perfect life and family that others would be envious of.

What a pretender you are.

"Mommy,"

Oh yes. Your son. Why forget your son who you almost didn't get to talk to as he grows up because you're busy with all the hurt and hatred growing inside of you and eating you.

"What do you need?"

You nonchalantly asked without even glancing. You're busy staring at the broken woman in front of you. You didn't even saw how your son's smile faded. How the happiness that he felt when he saw you in the hotel suite's bedroom looking at your own reflection in the vanity mirror faded. You didn't saw it because you didn't even glance. You didn't glance because you didn't want to see how it became the woman in the mirror you once knew– faded and gone.

Gone is the happy and sparkly eyes the woman in the mirror once had.

Gone is the woman that once had a heart of gold.

Gone is the woman who's beginning to heal and become whole again and not broken.

In just a blink of an eye, it was all gone.

"Nothing Mommy, I just wanted to see you... It's been awhile since we've seen and talked. It's been awhile since..since you left me and daddy broken."

Just then that you realize how horrible of a mother and a wife you are. All you cared of was the hurt and hatred that you kept growing inside of you. All you cared of was you who was hurt by the once love of your life; the one who at a young age made you fall in the deepest and greatest love one can have but then later on tears you apart– your husband.

"My baby.."

Your voice cracked. There was a lump in your throat that makes it hard for you to breathe. It pained you. The numbness you thought will be forever was gone too as well as the shield and walls you built.

"I loved you even if you're unfaithful... Believe me, Carlota I still do."

That line from your husband flashed back like the raging water of a flood, it shook you to the core that all you can do was to sob and mumble your sorries.

"...what do you think I'd be...and do if you were loyal to me and true?"

You once again looked in the mirror and said,

"You are a monster. You...you are unfaithful and you should be rotting in hell.."

•••

Hello! Tell me your thoughts. 😋 Lol, this was made at 3 in the morning so...

If you have time and or while still waiting for an update, would you rather check out my other on-going stories entitled "Confessions of Lindalain Samantha", and "Unzipped" (the latter is like a collab series together with my friends, check the other stories on their accounts 😜).