Part 5: descent

For a moment the world seems to be in slow motion, Bucky's eyes meet Eleana's just before he tumbles over the edge and her scream rips through her body all the pain she was feeling forgotten as she ran to the edge of the window

For a moment the world seems to be in slow motion, Bucky's eyes meet Eleana's just before he tumbles over the edge and her scream rips through her body all the pain she was feeling forgotten as she ran to the edge of the window. Steve was beside Eleana in an instant bracing himself to jump after his friend.

"What have I done?" Wanda sobs behind them, crumpled on the floor rocking back and forth. Eleana put her arm out to stop Steve from jumping, a knowing glance passing between them both.

"Steve, I can save him."

Steve closes his eyes, contemplating what to do. Eleana's power was dangerous and unpredictable, much like Wanda's, it was a huge risk. Letting out a breath he opens his eyes and nods.

"Do it.″

Wanda scrambles backwards to get away from Eleana, only finding herself scooped up into Steve's arms.

"I'm so sorry Wanda, I'll be quick."

Struggling to keep Wanda still Eleana grabs her face with both hands, feeling her thrashing around in Steve's arms. Being as gentle as she can Eleana closes her eyes and everything stops once the transference begins.

The process only lasted seconds, but it always felt like a lifetime. Wanda's essence and memories enter Eleana's body, her powers rushing through her leaving Wanda unconscious in Steve's arms.

Barely giving herself time to recover Eleana pulls herself to her feet, taking a running jump out of the window without a second thought.

After a few moments of free fall, Wanda's red energy finally flows from Eleana's hands, the amount of power coursing through her like nothing else. It propels Eleana forwards until her speed increases so much she starts to feel light headed. She knows she's going too fast, but she can't slow down Bucky is already so close to the ground.

Bucky's not even trying to stop himself falling anymore, he doesn't even notice Eleana careering down the building after him. The look of resignation in his eyes as he falls kills her, no fucking way was she going to let him die - and Eleana told him that, practically screaming the words into his mind.

'Y/n? What the hell did you do?! Get your ass back into that building right now!'

'Just let me save you will you?!'

'How are you gonna do that? you suddenly an expert in Wanda's powers? You're going to get yourself killed!'

'I can't concentrate with you shouting at me!'

'You started it!'

Finally close enough Eleana created a force field around him, slowing him down, but it wasn't enough the ground getting too close for comfort. She uses all the power she can muster and throws Bucky upwards, firing him back up the building while she moves underneath him. He glares at Eleana when he shoots past and she smirks at him.