Chapter 40 - Promise that you won't forget

Louis' P.O.V.

Harry came rushing down the hallway, calling out to us. "She's awake! Stacy's awake!" I could hardly believe it! I looked over at Liam and Zayn and they were just as surprised as I was. We jumped up and rushed to go see her, but by the time we reached her ward the nurses had surrounded her bed and were trying to push us back. I saw Niall standing off to the side. They'd managed to tear him away from her and a nurse was speaking to him. Harry's face looked as if he'd just seen a ghost, kind of like the day when we first came to the hospital. A nurse drew the curtain around Stacy's bed and Niall walked towards us looking ridiculously calm. Apparently the nurse that was speaking to Niall when we walked in was the only one with enough courtesy to let us know what was going on. Well, to let Niall know anyway. He filled us in.

Stacy's P.O.V.

It was all so sudden. I caught a glimpse of Zayn in-between all the bustle around me as the nurses wheeled me away. I had a thousand thoughts running through my head - most of them questions. But I was too weak to bother about asking anything and my mouth was extremely dry. The nurses were talking to me, talking to each other, rushing around. Everything was just moving so fast.

"Are you alright there honey?" one of them asked me. I nodded as another one said,

"You're a very lucky girl ya know."

"Yeah that's right. You almost didn't make it. You can thank your boyfriend for getting you in here in time the day of the accident."

'Boyfriend?'

'Accident?'

'What are they talkin about? Did these people get my info mixed up?'

Zayn's P.O.V.

"They're just gonna run a few tests. Make sure she's alright," Niall explained to the rest of us. "It's standard procedure."

So we wai'ed around, like we'd been doin’ for the past few days, until everythin was fine and a doctor came an' spoke to Leeyum. He said that they were all good for now and we could go in and visit Stace for a bit.

It was such a relief t see Stacy awake. She was all bright-eyed an' smilin. She was almost as happy t see us as we were to see her. I hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. "That was quite a scare ya gave us."

She beamed and told us that the doctor said she was all good an' thah they just needed to wait for her MRI results. But apart from the air-line fracture in her rib and a few torn ligaments in her arm, she was surprisin'leh well.

*****

"Ya know I never noticed how good your eyes look open." Zayn smirked

"Oh shut up" Stacy retorted. "Oh and nice earrings, by the way. Is that so I don't steal them?" she playfully asked as she gestured towards Zayn's new earrings with her eyes, referring to his initials on them.

"Uhm, well I guess you placed yourself at a disadvantage there," Zayn replied. A broad smile spread across his face, but Stacy didn't return it.

"Uhm, what do you mean?" she asked, her face pale with confusion.

Zayn and Louis laughed for a second before realizing that Stacy wasn't kidding. The puzzled look on her face was as sincere as could be.