THREE

Light's POV
I ran out of the infirmary because I heard (Y/n) fall. "(Y/N), are you ok? You need to stop running in school!" I lectured her. I noticed she was talking to a man. I felt a sudden urge to pull (Y/n) to me, so I did. I don't like it when she talks to other males, I get a strange feeling in my chest when she does.

"Ouch, Light!" (Y/N) whined and pulled my arm off her waist. I ignored her comment.

"Who are you?" I asked the man again.

"I am me. Now if you excuse me I must get home." He said.

"What? It's already time to go home? YAY!!!" (Y/n) exclaimed. She's so childish, I smiled to myself.

"Indeed. Now excuse me." The man said pushing past us and exiting the building. There's something strange about that kid. I don't like him. I'm gonna have to keep (Y/n) away from him. What if he hurts her? I will definitely not allow that to happen.

(Y/n)'s POV
Light subconsciously pulled me close to him by my waist again. Why is he so clingy all of a sudden? Is he jealous? No. That's not possible. We are just friends. "Light, stop it!" I complained at him, seeming to pull him out of his thoughts.

"Wha-? Oh- sorry." He said removing his arm from my waist.

"It's fine." I grumbled. "Why are you so clingy all of a sudden, Light?" I asked curiously as I started to walk to my locker and he followed.

"I'm not" he argued.

"Whatever you say dork." I chuckled and ran the rest of the way to my locker. "Come on Light! We're gonna be late!" I shouted at him as he was also running.

"I'm coming! And I'm not a dork!" He shout back. I grabbed my homework and put it in my backpack.

"Ok lightbulb." I sighed as I closed my locker and waited for Light to get his stuff so we can go. "Geez u take so long." I complained. "I'm leaving without you." I said and started walking to the door. I heard his locker slam as he caught up to me.

"Meanie." Light said under his breath.

"I am not mean!" I said and hit him on the shoulder.

"Yes you are." He replied and rubbed his shoulder.

"NOPE!" I yelled as I started running home leaving him behind. It didn't take long for him to catch up and pass me. As he passed me he looked back and stuck his tongue out at me. I crossed the street, still running, to confuse him and it worked! He followed me causing him to fall behind giving me time to run across the street and make it to my house first. As I was in the middle of the street I noticed that kid from earlier leaving Light's house. I knew Light's family wasn't home yet so I stopped running and Light stopped next to me.

"HEY!" Light yelled at the kid. The boy stopped and looked at us then continued walking. "HEY IM TALKING TO YOU! WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!" Light yelled and started chasing the boy. The boy just continued walking. If he's not running away from the person chasing them then-

"LIGHT! STOP!" I yelled and ran up to him grabbing his arm before he can go any further.

"WHAT?" Light said irritated.

"If he's not running from you then he can defend him self well" I explained to Light. He thought for a moment.

"I guess that makes sense." He said looking over to the strange looking boy. "I'll get him back though."

"Sure you will." I said pulling Light to my house. We always hang out after school and do homework together. I wonder why that boy was in Light's house. What was he looking for? He looks pretty smart so I doubt he would break into a house without reason. Who is he?