Welcome to the Black Parade

"Daddy, where are we going?" 

"To the city."

"Why?"

"You're going to see a marching band, for the first time!"

"What's a marching band?"

You'll see. Don't worry, it's fun!"

     When we arrived, I saw a parade of people marching down the street. One person, in particular, caught my attention. He had silver hair and, like everyone had a marching band uniform. He was leading the bunch down the road. For a few seconds, we stared at each other. He smirked at me.

"Jared," my father asked, "Son, when you grow up, would you be the savior of the broken, the beaten and the damned? Will you defeat them? Your demons, and all the nonbelievers, the plans that they have made?"

"Dad, what are you talking-" He cut me off.

"One day, I'll leave you a phantom to lead you in the summer, to join the black parade." 

"What are you talking about? Dad, it is summer!"

"One day," he sighed, "You'll understand."

     That was 30 years ago. Currently, I'm somewhere I've never seen. The last thing I remembered was being in chemotherapy. I awoke here. Everything is gray, black and white. There are ashes everywhere. 

"The black parade..." I mumbled. I turned around to face a marching band. Leading it was a man with silver hair. I recognized him, but from where? He caught my eyes again, and I remembered. 

"It's you," I said, quietly, and shortly, my brain registered it. "It's you!" I once again say, shouting. 

"Hey, kid," He smirked like the day I first saw him, "how ya' doing? You new here? And, last question, what's the last thing you remember?"

I stood there with my mouth open. 

"Where am I and how did I get here? The last thing that I remember is being in chemotherapy."

"I see. Yeah, kid, you're dead. this is the black parade, somewhere similar to purgatory. But don't worry, you and your memory will, in fact, carry on. It's guaranteed."

"So, who are you?"

"Oh, right, sorry, my name is Gerard," the stranger, now identified as 'Gerard' cleared up.

A/N: So, that's all I have for 'Welcome to the Black Parade'. I'm currently working on other chapters. Comments are always appreciated!