Prologue

My name is Alexis Smoak

I have lived in Starling City my entire life with my fraternal sister, Felicity. When I was six years old, I meet Oliver Queen. The son of a millionaire who got everything he ever wanted.

But when Oliver and I were together, we were carefree and happy for a year. Then Oliver left, attending a private school. I never saw him again, but I didn't forget him.

Five years ago, Oliver Queen was lost at sea when his father's yacht went down in a storm. But that's not what surprised me the most. It was the fact that a girl named Sara Lance had been on that boat too. She was the sister of Oliver's girlfriend, Laurel Lance.

When I heard that Oliver was dead, I was shocked and upset that the boy I knew so long ago was gone. I mourned his loss in silence, wondering who he became after our last meeting.

A few months after Oliver's death, I met Laurel Lance when she came to me with computer problems. From then on, we have become best friends.

Then a year passed and I found Thea Queen, Oliver's little sister, out in the Glades. She was cornered by two men and I stepped in. I beat them up and they ran off. Thea had curled up in a ball and started crying on the street. I comforted her as she told me that Oliver was the only one that had made her feel safe. After that, Thea went to me whenever she needed comfort or safety. She considered me as family, an older sister she always wished she had.

I also got close to Thea and Oliver's mother, Moira Queen. I basically became another member of the Queen family.

It had been five years and everyone seemed to be doing okay for the most part. Besides Thea's rebellious streak and Tommy Merlyn's attempts to get with Laurel. But everyone was getting better, including me.

Oliver and Robert's death didn't take quite the toll on me as it did to the family and friends they left behind. But I still cared and missed them in my own way. I wished they could still be here.

And then, the strangest thing happened one morning. My wish come true.

Oliver Queen was alive.