CHAPTER 5: THE TREE

♡ELIZABETH'S POV♡

We're now at the Famous Park. I knew it why they call this the Famous Park. Many people are visiting here. Since we moved here, I don't really know all the places here.

"So, what should we do first?" I asked.

"Let's have a picnic," Diane said.

"But, we don't have-" I was cut off when Diane showed us a picnic basket.

"Don't worry, I have it," Diane said and smiled.

"That's my Diane," King said.

"My Diane?" Gowther asked.

We all laughed. We set the picnic basket and all the food. We put the foods on the red blanket.

"Let's play hide-and-seek," Meliodas said.

"Childish," Merlin said.

"Come on, it's fun," Meliodas said.

"Guess, Captain's right," Diane said.

"Of course, I am. So, who's in?" He asked

"Me," I said.

"Count me in!" Ban said.

"Us too!" King and Diane said at the same time.

"I'll join Gowther on guarding the foods," Merlin said.

"Okay, let's start! You guys hide and I'll seek," Meliodas said. He started counting down. I hid behind the bushes.

"3...2...1... ready or not here I come!" Meliodas shouted. He looked for us.

"There's no way Meliodas will find me here," I giggled.

"Found you," Meliodas said.

"Already?!" I yelled. Wait, this feels like...

"I can hear your voice, you know," Meliodas said. It feels like the time really rewind.

Then, I helped him to look for the others. After a few minutes we found Diane and King. The hardest to find was Ban. We looked for him. It's been 15 minutes and still, we haven't find him. I looked up. I saw Ban sleeping at a familiar tree.

"Meliodas! I found Ban!" I yelled. Ban woke up.

"Wha-huh?" Ban said. We all laughed.

"We found ya!" Diane said. We sat under the tree.

"Hey, look at this," Diane said to me. She pointed something on the tree. That's when I saw the drawing that Meliodas and I drew when we were kids. Inside the heart, our names were there. MELIODAS AND ELIZABETH.

"Why is the Captain's name and your name are there?" Diane asked.

"Diane, I have to tell you something, in private," I said.

"Okay," Diane replied.

"Uh, guys, we're gonna get going. We'll call you if it is lunchtime, okay?" I said with a warm smile.

"Yeah, sure," Meliodas replied.

"Okay!" King said.

"Yeah," Ban said.

While we were walking to Merlin and Gowther, we walked slowly and I said what I was about to say to her.

"About the dream of... Meliodas," I began.

"Yeah, so?" Diane said.

"Remember when he mentioned the silver-haired girl, there? Uh... don't be shocked, please. That little girl was me," I said.

"What?!" She shouted.

"Shh," I said.

"Oh, s-sorry. Elizabeth, you have to tell Captain," she said. I shook my head.

"Why?" She asked.

"He... doesn't... remember me, right? I... don't wanna... force him. It's gonna be okay," I said. It's not really okay with me. That's why... I lied.

"Elizabeth, don't worry, I'm sure Captain's memories will restore anytime soon," she comforted me.

"I hope. And I hope they won't see the drawing," I said.

※MELIODAS' POV※

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Look, guys, I saw this thing at my closet," I said.

"What's that?" Ban asked.

"A diary?" King said.

"Yes, it has a lock, so, Ban. Can you unlock this by using your hand?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. I'm the strongest guy ever!" He replied. Then, he unlocked the diary.

"Good job," King said.

"Why only good?" Ban asked.

"Fine, then, amazing," I said, although, it's not.

"That's more like it," he said.

"Let's read it. Maybe, you'll remember everything if we read that. It's your diary when you are still a kid, it says here. 'Meliodas' Diary'," King said.

Then, we read the diary

»»THIRD PERSON'S POV««

Elizabeth found the drawing that Meliodas and Elizabeth drew when they were still kids. Then, Meliodas found his diary and the three of them, Ban, King, Meliodas, read it. What do you think they'll see on his diary? Will that be able to help Meliodas to remember everything? Find out on the next chapter.

The next chapter will be "The Diary".

~~~TO BE CONTINUED~~~