Prologue

The officer stood in the doorway of the upscale uptown Chicago loft. To his right, laid the first victim of the night, soaking in a pool of blood. 58-year-old John Parker. As he walked forward into the crime scene, he could easily see the rusty stain of where John Parker's wife, Melanie, had been laying before. He looked back between blood and stain to try and imagine the amount of blood shed that had taken place this late at night. It was more than what he was used to at any other shooting.

Zayn Malik was at the young age of only 26, the youngest officer on the Chicago Police Department. Due to the determination he had while training in the Police Academy, he had completed it in no time with the superior training he had been doing since he decided he wanted to be in the line of duty at only 15. Zayn was what most woman, and some men, would describe as the perfect man; tall, tanned skin, muscular features, menacing amd skilled. This was also the perfect combination for being the perfect candidate on the police force. 

Over the past couple of years of being on the force, Zayn had had his fair share of crime investigations as well as drug busts and shootouts. He wasn't afraid of a fight and would do anything to help the city of Chicago lower it's crime rate by doing anything. 

If his heart was in it 100 percent, Officer Malik could find anyone in the perfect amount of time. Some took longer than others, but with the record that he held down at the station, no one pushed him to finding the culprit or culprits sooner than he was capable of with the case. Everything was child's play to him and without a doubt, be head of the department in a matter of time.

The simple click of a crime scene camera and the zip of a body bag brought Zayn out of his trance and led him to focus harder on the case that had just been opened for him to solve. It was the week of Labor Day weekend, a warm Tuesday evening at approximately 11:45 p.m. His girlfriend, Maggie and he had planned a trip to their lake house by Lake Michigan.. which woul dnow have to be postponed due to the double homicide in front of him.

The blood had splattered over the furniture in the front room. The kitchen counter, fridge, couch, television, carpet, wood floor, rugs. You name it and it was covered in the sticky, dark red substance. As the second body was being lifted onto one of the strechers, Officer Malik had notcied that the blood pools had, at one point, mixed with each other. The people trying to clean up the messes and the others who were there to try and gather clues were forced to wear blue booties over their shoes because of the amount of blood on the floor.

Zayn was wearing black leather shoes with said blue booties over them. He sighed and started towards the bodies that had been placed carefully out of the pools of blood.

There were multiple people in the room, 12 alive, 2 dead.

The Parker's had multiple bullet holes in them, but only John had had his face blown off, making him almost completely unrecognizable and the entire apartment a grave sight. 

Everything that had been captured and collected tonight would be compiled into a very lengthy and detailed report. 

Zayn knelt near the first pool of blood that was dripping off of the kitchen counter and onto the hard wood floor. Sighing, Zayn took in everything that had happened to Mrs. Parker.

"Do we know anything about Mrs. Parker over here?" Zayn asked one of the newest addition to the team, Liam Payne.

"No record or anything. She's completely clean." Payne replied.

Zayn sighed once again. He knew that no matter how good a person seemed to appear, no one was clean. "Then what is known about her husband?"

"He's interesting. CEO of a large corporation. Originally from Italy. Changed his name so he wouldn't have anything to tie him back home. A lot of money. No kids..." Liam listed off things that he felt were the most important. 

"Nothing that we don't already know. But the name Styles does appear in his report quite a few times. Do you think he is involved with them?"

"Well, his face is blown off. I think if he wasn't involoved, his facial features would still be intact and recognizable." Zayn said.

"Good point. They are in organized crime but no one can ever seem to pin anything on them. Big British family seems so generous and kind on the outside but it's the complete opposite on the inside. I bet they only give very generous donations to places to try and fool the police and throw them off their scent."

The Styles had been linked to over fifty organized crime cases that were still being tried to get pinned onto them. Nothing could ever be pinned on them, no matter how hard anyone tried.

"Who's the head of the family again?" Zayn asked Liam.

"Uh, the father, I believe. His name is Ken Styles. His three sons, Nick, Harry and Niall, and his wife, Anne."

"We need to contact the organized crime unit as soon as possible. I have strongly believe that they were the masterminds behind this. I want to know everything there is to know about the Styles'."

"Why do you want to do that? You've been trailing them since you started out in the department. You're practially kin."

"I think that John Parker was in on their business. That's how he's so successfull at what he does and has more money than he should. "

Zayn stood up and made his way over to where the seconds victim met her fatal end. He made sure to look for any clues that had been left behind to make sure nothing was missed.

According to what had already been gathered at the scene, Mr. Parker and his wife, Melanie, had been sharing a well deserved night in by themselves. There were candles lit in the kitchen, bedroom and living room, an open bottle of wine and the scent of lavender perfume lightly lingered throughout the loft. All the makings of a romantic night, that I had only assumed was created by Mrs. Parker, were placed everywhere throughout the home. The Parker's never got to see how their night would turn out.

Anywhere from 9:30 p.m. to the current time, someone had picked the lock, crept into the Parker's home and shot them from a very close distance and without any hesitation. This was done by professionals.

"We think that this might have been a burglary?"

"Yeah. The Parker's most expensive posession was missing when we arrived. It was a painting from the early 1800's that is supposedly worth millions."

"And none of the neighbors had heard or saw anything strange by the apartment this evening?"

"Correct. Everyone that had passed by their door from the time of the murder to the time of discovery said that they didn't suspect anything nor heard anything."

Zayn made a mental note to come back and re-interview everyone later on.

"I don't like the look of this." Liam follwed closely behind Zayn.

"How many bullet shells did we find?"

"Uh, none. The only proof of bullets were the two bullet holes in the victims. One in each."

This made Zayn slightly angry. He took a deep breath to calm himself down as best as he could. "So, there were only two shots and only two victims. Care to tell me how this is only being viewed as a burglary?"

"What about the painting?" Liam pointed towards the hallway leading to the bedroom.

"Cover up. Whoever did this wanted to make it look like a burglary. I doubt the perp couldn't care less about the painting. These people were murded for a reason."

"But look at all the blood! This place is a mess."

The amount of blood was the thing thatr confused Zayn the most. A highly trained assassin wouldn't have left this amount of blood was clearly a message. 

This was the work of the Styles' and Zayn would make it his life's work to make sure that this family wouldn't get away with all the murders and crimes that they have commited since they arrived in the states.

Liam quickly left the room on his phone and Zayn had circled the crime scene one last time to make sure all the evidence had been picked up before leaving the crime scene.

As Zayn walked to his car, he thought of everything bad the Styles' had done.

"There're a lot of blood on your hands Styles'," he heavily sighed. "And I'm coming for every single one of you."