1.0

Harry's POV

I looked around the huge cathedral as my family and I sat front row. My parents had insisted on keeping religion a big part of our lives since I could remember. It was complete and utter bullshit if you asked me.

The church always had an eerie feeling, a feeling that made me and most of my family uncomfortable to be there and feel unwelcome. I sat in the middle of my family. To my right were my parents, Ken and Anne, and to my left were my brothers, Nick and Niall.

My father was on the verge of middle age, my mother not so far behind. My father had short light brown hair with dark green eyes, a chiseled face and the body of a personal trainer. My mother always said that he could make a second income, that she would rather him be doing, by modeling suits but he never heard of it. My mother had dark brown hair with dark brown eyes. They were the best looking couple in the church and I could name one person who I knew there that didn't envy the both of them.

"Harry, are you coming with us?" My mothers words snapped me out of my thoughts.

I looked around my surroundings to find that most of the people that were on the church had made their way out the large double doors at the back of the church.

I could hear my brothers laughing at me from behind. I turned around and glared at them, trying to get them to shut up but failing miserably. Their laughs had only heightened in volume.

Nick was a large guy. The size of a linebacker. But even under the stone cold eyes and large muscles was a little boy who just wanted to play around. His behavior was one of the main reasons why my father had picked his second youngest son, me, over his first born. Nick was soft yet powerful. I admired him for his strength and determination but his IQ wasn't something that you would want for yourself.

The baby of the family, Niall, was the opposite of Nick and I. Niall had been babied for a long time and was quite a hassle to train for his future. He was the true brains of the operation, none the less. He made up for what Nick lacked in brain cells.

The Styles' were known all throughout the country and then some. No one dared to mess with us because they know how their life will end up. But being at the top of the pyramid was hard work. To get our family where were were today took a long time. We had to beat out everyone who had established their name and power way before we did. The Irish, Russians, Brazilians, you name it. We owned all of the east coast and moat of the mid-west creeping into the west.

We had organizations in a plethora of places along the globe. The major one belonged here in Chicago. We put our main focus on illegal doings such as drugs but we also dealt with guns on occasions. Our father made sure that all three of his sons could handle themselves in tight situations and on the streets. He was the one to teach us the proper way to hold a gun and learn how to shoot one.

We had about 3,500 people working underneath us working all over the world and going through our mafia connections to make sure the things we needed to get done were being handled the proper way. It was hard to keep track of every single person so my father had a few close friends that he was sure he could trust to keep close tabs on each and every one.

Our family was a tight group and nothing could tear us apart easily. We valued family, loyalty and secrecy. We personally made sure that if you didn't follow the rules that we had established we would make your life a living hell. Or ever worse.

"Seriously, Harry. We're not going to wait for you."

"I'm coming, I'm coming."

I don't remember ever missing a single day of church in my twenty five years of life. I would love to be able to sleep in just once, but my Mum had a strict policy of missing a day of church. And sleeping in was certainly not on the list, but she did make up for it. She was the sweetest person you could ever meet. She is the only woman I love and I've grown comfortable with saying that she will only ever be the only woman I love.

I never did well with love. The only two men who I've known to succeed in that area of life would be my father and my pussy of a brother, Nick. I don't do love, I don't do relationships. End of story. Nick's girlfriend, Jenna, used to work as our father's secretary. Everyone knew that they liked each other before they ever knew about it.

That was the difference between Nick and I. I took what I wanted, whenever I wanted it. And that just so happened with Jenna. Multiple times.

This was months before Nick and her ever established the whole liking each other thing. When they got together we had both agreed to keep this a secret from Nick for as long as possible. It was just sex, and that was all it would ever be to me.

"What do you have planned for us today, Dad?" Niall asked from the top step of the church.

"You need to take a day off soon. You boys are going to work yourselves to death." My mother worried.

"Isn't that the point? But there's no time to take a break Mum." Nick moved his head from side to side, trying to crack it. Next to him, Jenna flicked her medium length auburn hair off her shoulder. Some of the boys who had decided to sneak a peak had regretted their decision in seconds because before they knew it, Nick was sending each one their own personal death glare.

"Well, before you all run off to do whatever you have planned for today, you're going to come with us to put flowers on your grandfathers grave and then your free to do whatever you want." Mum said. "Just make sure your at the house at a reasonable time to make it for dinner."

She tried to fix the strands of hair that were going all over the place but I swatted her hand away. "Really, Mum? I'm a twenty five year old man."

"I was only trying to help you."

"I was in big hurry this morning." I ran my hands through my hair making sure everything was perfect. The family began to walk through the mass of people trying to make our way towards our cars.

"Yeah. We were out late last night." Niall nudged my shoulder and cringed from the slight touch. I didn't really like it when people touched me.

I always swore that if the church knew what Niall and I would be doing almost every night, I would burn straight to the ground.

"Why can't you boys just sit at home and relax every once in a while. You deserve to at least do that with all the hard work you do."

"With the way that they act, I doubt that is even slightly considered." Niall quickly gave Jenna a look and the looked back towards the street.

"Uh, son, I need to speak with you." My Dad slapped me on the shoulder. "Let's go take a walk quick." The way he said it made it sound like an option which wasn't the case.

I left them standing where they were as I made my way over to my baby.

My dark gray Saleen was my most prized possession, I had bought it right after graduating University. I unlocked the driver's side and placed my coat on the backseat, folding it neatly so there wouldn't be any wrinkles on the sleeves.

I rolled up the sleeves on my white button down shirt and made sure my hair was sorted before going back over to my father who was standing alone.

My mother was going with Nick and Jenna while Niall was going to with only God knows what with the rest of his day. I hope that they both don't forget about the work we had to do later on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys!

so there's the first chapter. ive been working on it nonstop since last night so tell me what you think of the story so far.

im thinking about giving finley and harry two chapters of their own pov. so one more chapter of harry's pov and then it will be finleys for two.

but, let me know what you think!

thanks!