Chapter 1

Hi, my name is Naomi Selvester and you could say I was a "nerd" once upon time.

As a kid, I was picked on for being the smartest and for having so called 'Nappy hair'. My mother told me everyone is just jealous because they envy my beautiful hair which wasn't nappy.

But now I don't care anymore. I've learned to care less about what people say because they don't hold my future in their hands.

I live my life the way my mom would have wanted me to do before she died 3 years ago.
----------------------------------
I was just finishing up putting in my contacts when my phone ringed.

I picked it up without looking at the caller id and said hello.

"Hey Naomi, I'm outside." Said my best friend, Samantha.

"Ok. Here I come Sam." I said then hung up.

I grabbed my phone, wallet, keys, makeup bag, and all my school book and put them all in my school bag.

I turned off all the lights and went down stairs to the smell of blueberry waffle.

"Hey Naowi." My baby sister, Blue said.

"Hey Blue." I said while ruffling her hair which she just giggled to.

"Hey sweetie, your plate is in the microwave." My stepmother said to me as she started serving blueberry waffles.

"Thanks momma em." I kissed her on the cheek and got my plate.

I heard a honk then said my goodbyes before running out the house.

I ran up to sam's silver maximum and jumped in.

"Hey!!!" I screamed once I realized she was trying to eat my delicious waffles.

"What." She said with syrup on her lips.

"Jesus Christ, could I have one meal to myself that you don't devour."

"Nope." She said while popping the P.

"You know, you're one hell of a best friend right?" I️ said.

"Duhhh, my name is Samantha after all." She said while flipping her hair over her shoulder.

I laughed as we started are journey to school.

Once we got to school and parked, I checked my make up to make sure nothing was messed up then got out the car.

It's the first day of junior year, here we go.

I walked into school with my new make over to which everyone stared at.

Some boys even looked like they had a little drool coming out the side of their mouths while some girls just glared at me.

I walked to the office to get my schedule early so I wouldn't have to wait in the long line that would soon appear later.

I went back to my locker to see Sam leaning against it, on her phone.

As a child, Sammy had to go through the same things I did so we stuck together and that's why we're gonna be good friends until the very end.

"Where would I be without you Sammy?" I sighed and open my locker.

"I don't know girl." She said while eating a bag of chips.

"Oh yeah here's your-" I got cut off by someone bumping into me and making me fall to the floor.

"My fault beautiful." Said a muscular voice.

I looked up at the captain of the football team/ jerker. And here's Luke Jackson for you lady's and gentlemen, the boy who has made my first 2 years of high school a living hell!

"Uhhh... thanks." I said while looking at my feet so my hair could act like a curtain around my face.

"What's your name babe?" He asked. I had to stop my self from gagging. DID HE SERIOUSLY JUST CALL ME BABE AND NOT RECOGNIZE ME???

"My name is Naomi and I️ sat behind you last year in drama." I said while looking up into his stormy grey eyes.

"That's not possible." He laughed.

"And why is that?" I asked confidently.

"Because the only person who sat behind me last year in drama was some nerd and her name was..." He thought to himself while scratching the back of his neck.

"Naomi." Sammy said loudly enough to bring him back to reality.

He looked into my eyes the. Up and down my body.

"Damnnnnnnnnnn you look good nerd." He said while wolf whistling.

"Haha, thanks loser." I rolled my eyes at him as the bell for first period rung.

I handed Sammy her schedule and dragged her to first period since we have the same class.

"See you later Nicky." Luke shouted.

"It's Naomi you bastard." Sammy hollered back at him.

----------------------------------

First period is kind of empty since everyone is in the office getting their schedules but that didn't stop Ms. Johnson from teaching especially on the first day of school. Me and Sammy was passing a note back and forth until someone came in, slamming the door open in the process which caught everyone's attention.

"I see you decided to show up Mr. Jackson." Ms. Johnson said while glaring at him.

"Only to see your lovely face Ms. Johnson." Luke said. He walked and sat at the desk behind.

POKE. POKE. POKE.

"WHAT?" I whispered yelled at Luke.

"Your hair is in the way." He said rudely.

"Ok... so move somewhere else." I said.

"I don't want to." He said childishly.

I shrugged my shoulders and turned around.

"UGHHHH!!! Could you move that thing on top of your head you call hair out of my way!" Luke said louder.

I ignore him and tried to focus back on the teacher.

"OWWW." I screamed.

"Ms. Selvester and Mr. Jackson, to the principal's office." Ms. Johnson said.

"But-" I tried defending myself just to be cut off by the teacher.

"I don't want to hear any excuses." She yelled.

I grabbed all of off my things and headed to the principal's office.

I heard someone running behind me and slow down to my pace next to me.

"Hey, why you got to do me like that?" Asked Luke.

WHAT THE FUDGE!!!