Chocolate (Midorima X Reader)

((Note: You study at Gakuen Touou with Momoi and Aomine))

You sat across the store, legs swinging back and forth as you waited for them to open. The streets were damp with yesterday's rain, and the skies overhead were dark, almost threatening to rain again. Why were you outside in such dreary weather, you did not know yourself.

What you did know, though, was that you had a slight crush on the cute new employee hired here. Momoi had been taking you to this store for months already, but seeing a new green-haired boy here seemed to make the daily visits with overly-hyper Satsuki a little more bearable.

Midorin. You heard her call him the first time you saw him in the store. It seemed like they knew each other, cuz immediately Momoi had struck up a conversation. What pissed you off however, was that she didn't even mind to introduce you to him and vice versa. Which was totally out of character on her part.

Ever since then you looked forward every afternoon to visit the chocolate shop. Seeing him behind the counter, with his bandaged fingers and whatever the lucky item was for that day, it made you feel butterflies in your stomach. Or whatever they called it. Soon, even without Momoi you started visiting the store even on weekends, having morning breakfast there before heading to whatever practice they have.

You felt something wet on your shoulder. Great. It just started to rain again, and no sign of the store opening. Sighing, you thought that it would be okay if you missed today's visit. It was better than catching a cold, after all. Just as you stood up and was about to leave, you heard the store's door open. Beside the door was the said boy, wearing his working uniform. You both stared at each other for a moment, looking into each other's eyes before he looked away and cleared his throat. "We're not open yet, but you can come in if you like." He said. For a moment there you had your mouth open, but then immediately snapped out of your trance and nodded. "Uh. T-thanks!"

You sat on your usual seat in front of the counter and ordered the usual. On weekdays, you remembered that he had a raven co-worker with him who liked to call him "Shin-chan". Perhaps he was on sick leave today? That explains why he was alone. "Sorry for the wait, nanodayo." the greenhead said as he laid down your order- a cup of chocolatta and a croissant- in front of you. You got a peek at his name tag.

Midorima Shintarou.

You smiled. His name fits him perfectly!

"A-anou..." You spoke up as he stared you down with his intense green eyes. "Do you know Momo-chan?"

"..." He just stared you down for a few seconds, which made you a little uncomfortable. "You're the one with her everyday, right? The one Takao calls 'cute'."

"Uhhh, yes?" You said. You did not know who the hell Takao was and why he would call you cute, but you were happy to see that he knew you. Midorima fixed his glasses and shrugged. "I still have to work. See you, nanodayo."

"Well, obviously we would be seeing each other, since we're the only ones here."

He blushed at your remark, and you mentally facepalmed yourself. Maybe he wasn't used to making smart remarks, or the mere fact that it was only the two of you there bothered him. Either way, he remained red as he walked back behind the counter. You slumped at your seat and pretended to tie your shoelaces, wherein fact you were cringing under the table. It was already in your system to return smart remarks at the people who talked to you, especially when it came to Aomine. Considering your situation now, you wished that your mouth wasn't so sharp, and that you listened once in a while to your classmates who keep on telling you to shut up.