Blank Slate

Summary: Annie wakes up for the first time.

**

The first thing she saw upon opening her eyes was dim light. After a moment, when she'd adjusted to the darkness, she could see numerous wires and metal beams in front of her.

She was suddenly aware of the rest of her body when she turned her head toward a breathy tenor voice coming from her left side.

The one who was speaking was entirely made of wires, crudely put together. The only covering he had was a simple mask with a red nose and a pointy, yellow and green hat. Only one pale blue eye was visible through the mask.

He was standing, Annie realized, and she was laying down.

"Hello, there," he murmured to her with hesitant hope in his voice. "Can you speak, Annie?"

She attempted to mimic the sounds that he was making, but only produced static.

The other animatronic looked disappointed, but he perked up when Annie attempted to move.

She flailed for a bit before figuring out how to use her limbs, and she sat up. Her legs dangled off the platform that she sat upon. She looked down at herself; her shell was a pale color, close to white, with a pink bow on her chest, and she had a blue and white skirt with a glittery gold border separating the two colors. Like the other animatronic, though, she appeared to be unfinished, with her right arm and leg uncovered, and her left leg was exposed below the knee.

It was a bit odd how she had to turn her head more to see her right side, but she didn't find it as odd as the other robot did.

He moved closer to her and spoke again.

"Does that eye bother you?" he asked, reaching out and covering her good eye to test his theory.

She squirmed away from his wiry hand, her voice box making more indecipherable sounds.

He let out a bitter laugh. "Guess you're more like me than I'd planned..." he said. "But Ballora would probably adore you anyway."

She tilted her head to the side and looked at him. What could that mean?

"Still," he continued, picking up some tools, "Let's fix you up a little before we meet her."

Annie's Collectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें