Chapter 19 - The Sound of Silence

Rapunzel POV

Rapunzel took a deep breath but all she could taste and feel was blood. All she could see was darkness, and amongst the darkness was more blood.

She felt something, someone holding her and moving at the same time. It was making her mind dizzy and all she felt was nausea and head pain.

"Stop..." she struggled to say and wasn't sure if anyone could hear her.

"What?" The movement stopped. The voice was loud against her ear, it made her head hurt more.

The voice felt familiar and her heart sang with love but then she suddenly felt nervous. Her insides sank like a ship in the ocean, drowning and never able to carry itself again. She had no idea why she was scared.

She started kicking, trying to get herself away from whoever was holding her. She became more aware, her wellness escalating until she was finally feeling fine.

When she opened her eyes, she saw a pair of concerned brown ones looking down at her.

She didn't scream but she struggled, trying to get out of his arms.

"Put me down." She said this with ease. She felt much better than she felt moments ago.

Flynn regarded her, looking mortally confused, then scared.

"You--you're okay?" She could feel his hands loosen then tighten as if he almost dropped her because he was so surprised.

"Of course I am," she said.

"What? Why? How? You-- you were-- moments ago-- you were dying."

She giggled at his reaction. "I'm self-healing. It's the same way I can heal everyone else."

She was still in his arms, it was like he refused to let her go. He looked sad.

"I'm-- I'm sorry," he said, "about everything. I never meant cause any of this."

"Why did you do it?"

"Pitch was paying me. But when I met you-- after I got to know you-- I think I realized that I would take you over money any day."

She placed her hand gently on his cheek, noting that it was still covered in her blood but not caring. "I forgive you,"

"How?" He looked as if her hand had just slapped him. This time he put her down and stepped almost a foot away from her, it clearly wasn't what he expected her to say.

"We all make mistakes and we all change. You risked your life trying to save me and my friends. So I guess we're even?" she smiled, then frowned when he didn't return it.

"How are you so forgiving?" he mumbled looking at his shoes.

She didn't answer him. "Flynn, where are my friends?" For a moment she was horrified by the thoughts that flooded her mind, the possibility that they may not be with them because they were dead.

Flynn hesitated. "My name is really Eugene."

Rapunzel couldn't help but smile. She knew he was different, even if he came off as a bad guy, deep down he was really a hero.

"Hiccup and Merida went after Pitch." he said.

Rapunzel was struggling to stay calm. "We have to go help them!"

"Will you be okay?" Eugene said.

"Yes! Now let's go!" She took his wrist and started dragging him down the hallway but stopped when she had no idea where they were going.