Chapter 1 - A Ticket to Hell, First Class Please

*****************************************************************

A/N: this chapter may be a little slow, had to get Arabella's back story going before the fun really begins ;) p.s. there is mild cussing in this chapter.

*****************************************************************

Running barefoot through the forest with the moon high above me, I smile as I feel the familiar cool soft grass beneath my feet. I hear a howl off to my right...calling to me. I slow down to see a break in the trees where a beautiful white wolf stops atop a small hill. She raises her head and howls again, I stop and begin walking towards her as two wolves with midnight black fur come to flank her right and left sides. Although I am not afraid of her or her companions, I approach slowly - taking in the beauty that lay before me.

She raises her head and focuses on me - she quickly lowers and lifts her head, as to say hello, and begins to slowly walk to me. Halfway to the hill, I fall to my knees waiting for her to come the rest of the way. Within seconds she is standing before me, her honey colored eyes begin to glow and she moves her head to nuzzle my face. Laughing, I throw my arms around her neck inhaling the scent of the moon on her fur. I hold her close, "I have missed you my Beautiful Moon," I hear her say in my mind. Her voice so familiar yet foreign at the same time.

"And I you," I say as I release her neck and sit back on my heels. Looking into her still glowing eyes I tilt my head slightly to my left, "What's wrong?"

"I am afraid it is time you come home....I have kept you away long enough," Sorrow begins to show in her eyes.

"Home? I don't understand...I," Before I can finish my sentence I hear more howling off to the right in the distance. The wind picks up, the air gets a chill, and I begin to shiver as a sense of foreboding creeps across my body.

"Darkness approaches," a low masculine voice booms into my head, "hurry, we must flee before they arrive."

"Quickly my Beautiful Moon, you must wake up!" I hear her panicked voice in my head.

I snap my head to face hers, "Quickly...Arabella wake up, you must wake up before they arrive!"

My heart begins to beat faster and harder, panic seizes me as I begin to shake in fear. "Arabella...Arabella....Arabella," I hear another voice calling to me as I fall into darkness.

"Arabella, damn it, Arabella wake up!" Hector says as he begins to shake me.

"What...what is going on? Hector?" I stutter out.

"Geeze Arabella, you were having a nightmare again," Hector grunts in disgust as he lays back down and rolls away from me.

"I'm sorry Hector, it's not like I can control my dreams," I say quietly as I sit up in the dated hotel bed trying to remember my dream but it eludes me, like they always do. I look towards the alarm clock and notice I have been sleeping for about three hours, maybe if I can get back to sleep I can get a few more hours in before we need to get up and meet our group for another day of hiking the beautiful French countryside.

Sighing I roll over and try to fall back asleep but I just can't. Every time I close my eyes I see a pair of glowing honey colored eyes and I get a sense of danger so strong it literally takes my breath away. I try my best to not toss and turn so that I do not wake Hector again, but it is no use.

"Seriously Arabella, if you can't sleep can you just move to the other room," Hector snaps as he turns to face me.

"I was trying not to bother..." I barely get out before he shoves me out of the bed.

"Just go Arabella...for fucks sake just go!" He barks at me. I make my way to the side room and after what seems like forever I am finally able to fall asleep on the very old, but surprisingly comfortable, two seat couch.