Chapter Two

I awoke with a jolt as the sounds of my alarm clock resounded loudly in my room. I searched blindly for it with bleary eyes. When I finally found it and heard the "click" of the off button, I flopped my arm down the side of my bed and burrowed my head into my pillow. Five more minutes of sleep...

And the five minutes was reduced to one when my other alarm clock burst into my room. "Wake up! You'll be late!" And before I knew it, my covers were thrown off me. I groaned, craving the warmth to come back.

"Mum, five minutes..." I groaned and curled into myself.

"No, bangon na!" My mother screeched. I groaned and reluctantly lifted my head up. My feet was on the floor before I could process the fact that I was finally awake. I heard my mother's footsteps resound the hall as she made her way down to my little brother's room.

It wasn't long before I heard Mark's screams of protest and the sound of his body clumsily thumping on the floor. Ignoring the ruckus that was happening in the room beside me, I headed down towards the bathroom to get my morning shower done.

By the time I was out, my brother was already eating breakfast and my food was readily served on the table. Egg on toast with extra bacon, my favourite. I ate slowly, and greatly appreciated the fact that my mother wasn't telling me to eat faster.

Slow mornings like these are the best.

I realised my speed was getting considerably slower by the time I finished brushing my teeth and was at the door. I'm not willing to go to school, and you can guess why. I'm not looking forward to seeing his face at all. Every time I see him I die because one; he's actually super hot, and two; the way he stares at me is unsettling. It's almost as if I'm that invisible girl from Fantastic Four. I could be covered in blood with a knife in my hands, and he probably wouldn't bat an eye.

He's really good at this game.

My brother took the bus, so I'm left walking to my high school alone. I was making my way down the street, walking slow, houses passed and I'm school-bound. I made the walk seem like a thousand miles, when in reality, it was literally at the corner of my street. I hated the fact. It means I'm one of the earliest students to go to school. And it sucks. I'm left in the classroom for half an hour waiting for my friends to arrive, while having an awkward try-not-to-stare contest with Kian.

Yes, that's why I hate going early. Kian's an early bird as well.

I finally arrived school, and I was mentally preparing myself. I'm so strange; I have put up with this many times, and yet I still need to take deep breaths to keep myself calm. I hate how Kian makes me feel this way.

Shut up, Evelyn. You're overreacting. There was never a you and him; there was only the rebound girl and the cute fuckboy. I thought this and took a few breaths before I walked into the classroom.

My eyes instantly found him - at the back seat with his earbuds plugged in and his head down, concentrating on his phone. Surprisingly (and unfortunately) no one else was around. I placed my bag on my seat - the front row, in the middle.

You may not believe me, but I was a pretty studious student. I never failed to submit, never failed to listen, in fact, I never failed at all. I concentrate on what's important to me, and that was my grades. My grades were high, all in order to keep my parents happy.

Then one of my parents left me, and I broke down.

I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't keep up. Everyone grew worried, because my mood has suddenly shifted.

That's where Kian comes in.

I was at my lowest point. My grades were dropping, my sleep was taken away, and stress overcame me. Then here comes Kian, with his bouncy, curly hair, his pale skin, dark eyes and tall figure. All I did was talk to him - it's what I do to everyone. I talked to him, I got closer to him, and then we got too close.

He was my perfect distraction from my problems.

And I was his perfect rebound.

In a way we were even, and we continued living our lives like that for 3 months. Wake up, go to school, flirt with Kian, do assignments, flirt with Kian, eat lunch, flirt with Kian, flirt with Kian again, get distracted, go home, chat all night. That was my routine. That was our routine. And I was fine with it.

But he wasn't. That was proven when he left. Now I'm left here with no distraction, and I'm forced to face reality again.

I hate it. I don't want to face things that will just drive me dangerously close to the edge. I hate life problems, because they can't be solved with numbers and memorisation.

I hate it. And I hate Kian. The half-Japanese guy that had a deep voice and horrible humour. I hate how he had dimples when he smiled, and I hate the fact that his clothes smelt like he put too much detergent on them. The fact that he loved badminton, and sucked at basketball. The fact that he was able to fake all the "I love you's" and hugs.

I hate him.

And I sat down on my chair, took out my ball pen and notebook and started answering the assignment I forgot to answer last night.

I don't need him.

I dared not to look back.

۩→♫←۞→♫←۩

Maybe I should change my name to The Fabulous Emo instead? I really need to lighten up, jesus christ.

Writing this before I go to bed. I literally feel my eyes closing, but heyyyyy, my brain's just like "yo why not finish the chapter lol". Fuck you, brain. You're as bad as my heart.

Thanks for reading this emo as fuck chapter. Maybe the next chapter won't be as emo. Maybe. Probably. Oh well.

Stay fab, guys! *:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*