The Day

This is a little story I had to write for my german class. No worries, it will be in english. If you are interested into reading the german one, it will be underneath the english version. :)

(inspired by Franz Kafka)

It was the day he had been dreaming of, ever since he was adopted by his new family. Finally he had the chance to meet his real parents. He sat at the coffee shop quietly and calm. The clock struck 12. He had been sitting on the same spot for the past 30 minutes. No wonder, after all he was way to early. At any moment the door could open and he could finally see the faces of his birth parents. Every wrinkle and every face expression. If they were excited to see their son, was not known to him, but his hopes were high. 

He heard how a car pulled up next to the coffee stop. His heart started to pump more blood into his system. He viewed his jeans and his Shirt. Was his attire to casual? They could be millionaires! 

The door swung open and the woman that had helped him find his new family stepped in. She had a smile on her face. As she came towards him, he stood up. The smile that he thought he saw was fake. She stood just a step away from him and took his hands. He saw the wrinkles that had appeared after the years and her tiered, sad eyes. 

"They are deceased, boy." 

German version ;)

Es war der Tag auf den er sich schon seit dem er bei seiner neuen Familie war gefreut hat. Endlich war es möglich seine echten Eltern kennen zu lernen. Er wartete im Kaffee still und ruhig. Die Uhr zeigte 12 Uhr an. Er saß an der gleichen Stelle für die letzten 30 Minuten. Kein Wunder, denn er war auch viel zu früh am Treffpunkt. Jeden Moment könnte die Tür aufgehen und er könnte endlich seinen richtigen Eltern ins Gesicht sehen. Jede Falte, jeden kleinen Gesichtszug. Ob sie sich auch auf den Tag freuten, wusste er nicht, aber er hoffte das. 

Er hörte wie ein Auto neben dem Kaffee anhielt. Sein Herz fing an mehr Blut zu pumpen. Er betrachtete seine Jeans und sein Hemd. War er zu locker angezogen? Sie könnten Millionäre sein! 

Mit einem Schwung ging die Tür auf und herein trat die Frau, die ihm die neue Familie gesucht hatte. Sie hatte ein Lächeln auf dem Gesicht. Als die näher kam, stand er auf. Das Lächeln was er sah war vorgetäuscht. Sie stand ihm nah und nahm seine Hände. Er sah die Falten, die sich über die Jahre entwickelt hatte, und ihre müden, traurigen Augen. 

"Sie sind verstorben, Junge."