Growing a Sith

AN: Kinda short but I just wanted to do a little bit of her background growing up.

----

Gore ran through the wilds of Dathomir. She had once again tried to escape the Nightsisters. Sadly her little legs never got her far before someone caught her. This happened daily and each time she got better and better at hiding from the sisters. From her hiding place she saw her father's ship land. Without hesitation she ran out to it and waited for him exit the ship.

Maul smiled as he saw his daughter. He picked her up and kissed her forehead. "What are you doing out here alone?"

"No witch!" She said pouting.

"You don't want to be a witch?" He asked tilting his head to the side.

"No!" She said crossing her little arms.

Maul chuckled. "Well, what do you want to be?"

"Warrior!" She said throwing her arms up excitedly. Then she made her best scary face and growled.

"Very frightening." Maul said trying to hold back a laugh.

"Daddy, I want tattoo." She said tracing the ones on his face.

"When you are a bit older princess," he said with a smile.

~~~~

Years had passed and Gore hadn't gotten better at being a witch. Although, that was partially because she didn't try. A few times she purposely messed up a spell. Ever since she watched the Nightbrothers at the Crucible she wanted to fight like them.

Her father had begun teaching her Teräs Käsi. Those lessons only inspired her to become a warrior even more. When the Nightsisters weren't looking she would sneak off and practice what her father taught her.

That was where she currently was. She was performing her deadly dance and hitting several targets she had set up. "Your form needs some work." Maul said from where he stood.

"Dad, I wondered when you would speak up," Gore said with a smile.

"Good, you sensed me," he said with a nod.

"Of course I did. I always do."

"I know, my little princess of destruction." Maul said walking closer to her.

Gore's smile started to fade. "You have something to tell me."

Maul sighed. "I am going to Tatooine to hunt someone down. I don't know how long I will be gone."

Gore nodded. "Alright."

"Nesi!" A Nightsister called out.

"I have to go." She said in a hushed voice.

"Nesi?" He asked confused.

"Mother gave me that stupid name." She said shaking her head before she hugged him.

"Which do you prefer?" Maul asked as he hugged her. He wondered if she even liked the name he gave her.

She sensed the doubt within him and she smiled. "Dad, I'll always be Gore, Princess of Destruction."

Maul smiled and hugged her one last time.

~~~~

Gore's heart pounded as she ran. She had no idea where she was going or how long she had been gone, but she knew one thing, she wasn't going back. Word had reached them that her father was dead. Could that even be possible? How could the mighty Darth Maul be killed by a Jedi padawan?

As she ran she found the Nightbrother village. When she entered the men around her stopped what they were doing and looked to her. "I think you are lost." Viscus said stepping forward.

She looked around then shook her head. "No, I am where I need to be."

"You are clearly a Nightsister." He said motioning to the red clothing she was wearing.

"I am not!" She roared, causing him to take a step back. For a child she could be intimidating. She removed the hood covering her head to reveal her tiny horns. Then she walked over to a bucket of water and dipped her head in it. When she removed her face the water had turned red with the makeup she had be forced to wear. Now her black tattoos stood out on her crimson skin.

Viscus looked at her and thought for a moment. "Why did you cover your horns and tattoos?"

"I had to. The Nightsisters did not know I had tattoos and they said my horns reflected the lesser males of the planet. They are wrong. You are not lesser beings. You are powerful. I want that power," she said holding her head high.

"What do the Nightsisters call you?"

"Nesi," she said looking to her feet.

Viscus nodded. "But that isn't your name, is it?"

"I am Gore." She said proudly.

"Welcome, Brother Gore." Viscus said with a smile.

Gore was given black pants and a black shirt to wear, along with a new pair of boots. With her horns and tattoos she looked like the young Nightbrother boys. Her name was a secret to the Nightsisters so if they came looking she could easily trick them into thinking she was a boy. To further trick the Nightsisters the Brothers took her old red clothes and shredded them, then left them in an area where dangerous wild beasts roamed. They would take the bait and think she was dead.

Gore's new life as a Nightbrother was beginning. Once she had trained enough with them, she would leave in search of her father, and to get revenge on the Jedi. Through the Force she could still feel his presence. It was faint, but she knew he was out there.