25.Clueless..

We were on the way to Eddie's place when it hit me. What am I gonna do there? We haven't even decoded that clue.

"Are you even sure that the person who sent the email is Eddie?" Alex asked.

"There is a probability, isn't there?" I replied, regretting this decision and trying to focus on the road.

There was silence for a while. Each and every one of our faces clearly showed that no one had any clue about what they were doing here.

My bad, I shouldn't have rushed down here.

"Hey guys, how about we go to Jacob's and try to decode it line by line first, and then go to Eddie's. What do you say?" Sean suggested. We all agreed.

Sean is a lifesaver!

We went over to Jake's place; his parents were out for a charity event and they weren't gonna be back 'til late.

When we walked in, Zac immediately ran over to sit on the massage chair. That little devil! The rest of us sat on Jake's bed, which was way too bouncy. I could feel my insides wobbling... I don't know how he sleeps on it!

The first thing we did was write down the whole message on a piece of paper so that we didn't have to open the email every time.

Alex read out the first line, "You have to watch what you are looking for," and asked, "Ring any bells?"

"What are we looking for...? We are looking for Eddie, and Emily's dad despite the fact that he has not been seen for years," Zac said.

"Then the clue will either lead us to Eddie himself or J.S.," Rob said. They called him J.S. so we didn't confuse him with the other James we have.

"This clue is probably going to lead us to another one, which might then lead us to one of them," I said. "So basically, if Eddie sent this email to me directly, he did not want anyone else to know about it. Maybe there's someone else trying to reach him or something like that." I tried to make sense out of it all.

"But why send it to you and not James, or someone else?" Alex gave me a questioning look.

"Em was the person who caught the date in the last letter her dad wrote her. Maybe Eddie thinks that she can find something in this one too," said Jacob.

I smiled. It felt nice that Eddie would trust me with something this important.

"I agree," Alex said before reading the next few lines of the email, "It won't be easy 'cause it starts from the very core. The doors are answers to many questions, but to open them, you need something which helps the flow."

"Starts from the core... That definitely means that, whatever 'it' is, it started a long time ago. At the beginning. Maybe actions were taken, which we have no clue about... But I think there's more to it," Lucy said.

"But what's up with the doors?" Rob cut in, "I mean, why twist the words around so much? Is keeping stuff simple so difficult?" Lucy looked like she was going to say something, but she held it back.

Doors... Doors could be it.

"Maybe... doors are the answer," I said. "What if Eddie is not trying to beat around the bush and actually giving us a straight clue?"

For the second time in the day, we headed to Eddie's place. We got there and each of us took a door to investigate, trying to find any little detail that could help us. There were two at the bedroom entrance and the main door.

We tried really hard, investigating each door more than twice, but we failed to find anything.

Everyone was sitting around, thinking. There had to be something! Some sign or symbol or something scribbled.

We were all close to giving up when Sean opened up the main door. He was trying to have a look at it from the outside, but as he opened it we all heard a loud creaking noise. It sounded as bad as nails on a chalkboard, or trying to talk while chewing. The creaking of wooden floors and doors was a sound I didn't like. Creaking... creaking...!

"Guys, creaking!" I joyfully exclaimed as I stood up at the speed of a lightning bolt.

"We heard that, what's the big deal?" Alex asked.

Eerrrgghhh, why don't they understand?!

"Don't you get it? Why the door creaked?" I asked.

"Because the hinges aren't oiled, or something like that?" Sean answered.

"Exactly! HINGES! Something which helps the flow of the door!" I said.

Finally, I saw their faces light up. Everyone got up and started looking for tools.

"Hey guys, so what is the clue exactly?" Zac asked, still confused.

Really...? Like really?! I looked at him, stone-faced.

"Ok, so I am guessing, um... hinges it is!" he said, giving a weird smile and quickly looking away.

We all had a good laugh for a minute.

We found a tool box, and then Robert brought over a stool. He quickly got up onto it and removed the nail in the hinge. When it was about half an inch out, he took it out with his hand. A piece of paper fell down.

I picked it up and ..

--------------------
Hello people!

We have crossed 6k !!! I just cannot be live it ...

But , than you so much for your support guys! I really love you all ♡ . You guys are amazingggg!! :)

I know took really long for posting this chapter , but I had lots going on and I really was trying to figure out the clues and stuff. I am really sorry !

P.S - Did any one of you , get the clue after reading the email?. Let Me know in the comments ;)

This chapter is not yet edited , so bear wth me..