Chapter 1: Where it all started

That night was warm and cozy with the round moon guarding the city with its reassuring light. Joyful chatting from above made me stop at the entrance of the building I was about to enter. Looking up, I saw a glowing roof with lights hanging everywhere and many people mingling about. They seemed to be having fun. Taking a deep breath for courage, I went inside followed closely by Knott and Prem.

It was the thank you party and I spotted my target almost immediately. Kongpope was near the center of the area talking to his seniors. I couldn't help but think that he was and would always be surrounded by girls. It made me feel uneasy when I thought about it, maybe because we just started dating and he did say he wanted a son. I took another deep breath and walked towards them. After greeting everyone, I couldn't even look at him. I was scared. Scared that, once our eyes met, I would snap and say everything in front of everyone. Trying to control myself, I avoided looking him in the eyes.

I distributed the gifts I brought to all the code members and headed to greet other people. 'I will give it to him later,' I thought to myself before making a half turn. A very familiar voice called my name and I quickly stopped. It was my boyfriend, Kongpope, calling out to me in his sweet and manly voice that made me shiver all over. Turning around to face him, I saw a very nervous and shy Kongpope trying to say something.

"I have something for you," came from those pink and lovely lips that I kissed just recently.

Thinking about it now would be digging my own grave. The thought of what he wanted to give me made me nervous, too, and my hands started to sweat as my throat went dry. I could hear my heart throbbing so loudly in my chest as Kongpope reached out for something in his paper bag. I hoped he didn't hear it. The item turned out to be a white envelope and I was really confused to what it was. I was not expecting this. My hand reached out to grab the flat, rectangular gift. I was really happy and let out a small shy smile, hoping it was not revealing all of my feelings. Still, with a palpitating heart, I removed the surprise out of the envelope. It was a letter written on pale yellow paper and I, surprisingly, found it cute. As I read through Kongpope's neat and clean handwriting, I had to smile. It made me happy that he took the initiative of expressing his feelings to me and it really melted my heart. At first, I didn't want to give him the present but, now, I really didn't care anymore. I forgot all the people around us and gave him my present. I could tell that he was really happy and so was I.

It was the happiest decision I made in my life and I was sure that I would not regret it, not even a bit. Under the beautiful moonlight, our feelings were finally connected and, though there were two moons out tonight, I had eyes for only one.

Juice splattered everywhere on the ground, startling MaPrang and Praepaillin who were enjoying the sight. They turned around surprised by the unusual sound which was mostly covered up by the shouts of the other guests of the party. It was May and she looked dumbfounded. She was looking straight ahead with a shocked expression on her nicely done up face. She couldn't believe her eyes and just froze up on the spot. After some minutes, Maprang and Praepaillin were able to snap May out of her thoughts.

"What is wrong with you?" Maprang asked.

"Are you okay?" Praepaillin asked worriedly.

May smiled, nodded, and excused herself to go get another drink. She couldn't believe it.

Kong was actually in love with Arthit and she didn't notice at all. She grabbed the side of her yellow dress, crushing the fabric between her fingers, and went to get a drink. M bumped into her as she was looking at the surrounding buildings with her hair dancing in the calm, warm wind. She was deep in her thoughts.

"Hey, May! What are you doing here instead of enjoying the party?" M asked with a big smile on his face.

"Oh! Hey, M! Nothing, just thinking a bit. How about you?" May replied while looking at him.

"I just spoke to Kong. I couldn't believe it so I went to ask him," M said while sitting down next to May. "How do you feel? I was shocked myself."

"Ah, I was very shocked but, now, I'm okay." May finally said while giving a small smile to M.

They just sat there without saying any more words, watching the dark sky. Though it pierced her heart, she was still happy for Kongpope who seemed to be really happy to be together with Arthit. She made up her mind and went to talk to Kongpope after the commotion calmed down a little.

"Hey, Kong!" May said in a happy tone accompanied with a giant smile. Kong smiled when he saw May.

"Oh, Hey, May!" Kong replied with his most beautiful smile.

"Congratulations! I was surprised. I didn't know you loved Arthit.

After all the clashes you guys had, I really thought you were not on good terms." May exclaimed in a teasing tone.

"Thank you, May! And I'm sorry." Kongpope replied with a sad face.

"Hey! Don't be! I'm really okay!" May comforted Kong who seemed relieved after hearing it.

They were back to normal, teasing each other and, above all, talking normally without any uncomfortable feelings. Kong was more than happy. His boyfriend gave him the sweetest confession in front of all his friends and May was back to being his dear friend. Everything was like what he always wanted. 

For the whole night, Kongpope couldn't stop smiling. He felt like he was walking on clouds and this happiness was something he would never forget.