Chapter 2

15 years has passed by. “Morning, Master.” said my butler, Walter. Walter had been by my side for the past 15 years. He's been my mother, father, and brother.
“You know, you're really lucky to have such a disease. Not everyone gets to see their parents after they passed away.” This made me cry.
“Not everyone loses their parents when they are really young. I don't want to just see them, I want to feel them. I want them back in my life!”
“Today's your special day, Romeo! Today, you start your job.”
15 years ago, my dad used to own a successful bar. Now it has been renovated and under my name. “Romeo’s Rum.” I think my bar will become a success! The interior has the same vintage look from 15 years ago, with a few improvements. My dad is observing it and seeing how much I have improved it. He looks at the sign and gives me a disapproving look, as if “Ali’s All Star Bar” was better. For the opening night of the bar, Walter dressed me up with a suit very dear to me. “This is your father’s favourite suit. It looks nice on you.” I can tell Walter wasn't lying because my father was behind him giving a thumbs up. It's a strange feeling having this disease. You're happy to see your parents feel proud, but also none of it is real. In the bar, there is no room to sit, as all of our tables have been filled. Good start for business. “Romeo!” calls a man. He looks like he knows me, but I don't know them. It's one of the most awkward feelings I've had. This man is Ronald Schwitz. He was the owner of a big brand of beer, Rain Beer. He was a good friend of my father and the meeting in Chicago was supposed to be with him. He felt really happy to see me. “Great to see you've grown well. Not as strong as your father, but you're getting there.” I was sure I'm stronger, but my dad comes in and just flexes for me. Guess I was wrong. As the bar got busier with customers going in and out, it was eventually closing time. Before I was about to close up, a girl came in, looking really soaked, as it was raining outside. “Can you buy me a drink?” she asks. I never heard this question from a girl, but I still bought her a drink anyways to celebrate the success of my bar so far.
“Name’s Romeo.”
“Jacqueline.”
You know how it's awkward to have your parents watch you on your date...yeah, it felt like that in the strangest way possible. I assist her with a towel and she wipes her hair with a towel.
“So my bar just opened today and so far it's been-”
“Congratulations!” I couldn't tell if she got bored hearing my voice, or actually wanted to congratulate me.
“Thanks! What do you do for a living?”
“I was a patient.” This made me really confused.
“A patient? Shouldn't you be a hospital?”
“I was...but the problem is that my insanity drove me out of the hospital and here i am.”
“Why were you in the hospital in the first place?”
“You aren't going to believe me, but I have this disease where I can see the dead. Everyday, I see my dead parents. They died in a car accident when I was 5.”
This was unbelievable.
“I am a victim of this disease too.”
“You are?”
“It's the strangest feeling where you're glad to see your parents….”
“...but also sad that it's not real.”
Finally. A person that understands me well enough. Someone who can relate through the experiences I've gone through. But I haven't had treatment to the hospital, no matter how hard Walter tried to take me. I don't want to lose sight of my parents again. Jacqueline and I became friends and I showed her my mansion. In the ballroom, we were literally dancing with the dead. My parents and her parents were dancing together, while we locked our hands and slowly moved our feet to the music.