-One Shot- Write the Saddest Story You Can Using Only Five Words

-Trigger Warning-

When I was younger, I was told that you couldn't write a story with only five words, that it was impossible. That you couldn't convey the emotions that one may feel when upset with so little dialogue. But somehow I was able, with your help.

You befriended me when I was a sophomore, trying to get to know the me behind my thick frames and stone studded braces. You got right under my skin and wedged yourself in my heart. I thought you would be there forever.

I couldn't have thought you were pulling my leg, seeing how gullible the nerdy loner was. How could I have known that you would never want to be friends with me, I thought you were my friends, I thought you were different underneath your hard exterior.

You asked me questions and I in turn answered them. You asked I answered, I asked you answered. What was my favorite color, what do you wanna be when you grow up, what was your favorite food? Purple, librarian, and pasta; green, football star, cheeseburger with a side of dill pickles.

Over time you became my best friend, the only person I could turn to. I told you my biggest fears, my regrets; I told you the secrets of my soul. I'd opened up to the golden boy. I entrusted my heart to you in hopes of yours in return. I never thought you could do this to me after everything we'd done together.

It was just a dare, just an elaborate joke on the unsuspecting sophomore. Everything I had told you in confidence was spread to the entire school. My everything was picked bare by the teenage populace of our school. You laughed in my face, you told me I was so stupid. That I was really as gullible as they had thought. How could he ever want to be friends with someone like me? I was bullied for weeks, ridiculed by the one I had called friend.

It so breezy up here, I can even see my house. What would it feel like, I wonder? Would it hurt to jump? My heart is beating up into my throat, I can't breath. An emotion is crawling up the sides of my ribs, eating away at my heart.

I can feel the tear welling up in my eyes, had I ever mattered to anyone? Would someone miss me? Would my dad cry? Would my mom have that far away look in her eyes when she thought of me? Would I be forgotten, never to be thought of again? Or would I be a poster child for the school to use as a psa against suicide? I don't know.

It hurts, my brain won't stop thinking, I can't stop hearing their jeers, can't stop seeing their sneers. You should go kill yourself, they said. Who'd want to be friends with your crusty ass, they questioned. I don't know, I thought you did, I thought you were.

My head aches with the questions that won't ever be answered, why me? Why would you target me? I'd done nothing wrong to them, I'd kept to myself. Maybe that's what did it, maybe my unwillingness to be mean to others is what sealed my fate. Maybe this is all my fault.

I'm so tired. I can't eat. I'm so weak. My strength has left me. My heart has been left in shambles. It hurts, It hurts so much. I can't do this anymore, it hurts too much.

I inch towards the edge of the school. I don't wanna hurt anymore, I refuse to subject myself to this anymore. Goodbye mom, dad; I love you. I wish I could've been a better son to you, I wish I could've taken back whatever I'd done to deserve this.

I hear someone scream as I jump, was it me? I don't know, I won't ever find out I suppose.

I've figured it out with the help of you. I proved them wrong, I wrote the saddest story I could with five words.

It was just a prank.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Written in memory for those who have committed suicide.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I've left myself emotionally shot with this, I hope you enjoyed it though.

Remember that your words and actions have the power to kill.