Hot for Teacher

Just another day sitting in this auditorium for choir. But, it wasn't all bad. I loved to sing, choir was fun. In fact I was put in as a leader for the section I sing it. I can sing both in soprano or alto, but since not many girls are in the soprano section, I'm mostly put into there. My voice is loud but I had a great teacher. I had to say that the choir director was something else. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Everyone in the school always looked forward to our concerts. We never messed up, but our director was strict. If we didn't do something right and we messed up more than three times, we had to repeat the section 10 times which everyone didn't like to do so we made sure not to mess up more than three times. He also had a sense of style. He always wore circular sunglasses or regular glasses and he got away with it. He wore colorful suits and he had a deep voice. He may be a little on the short side but he worked it. I couldn't help but have some sort of thing for him. I just couldn't help it. The way he carried himself and the choir director was so irresistible. He must have known what he could do with his eyes. He only took his glasses off when he took the time to count attendance..with his eyes and if he was irritated. 

Those eyes of his were magical. They had power. Everyone stopped and stared just to get a look because it wasn't often he would just let them gaze around the room without those glasses hiding them. Not only was he a choir direction, but he also offered private lessons. However, he only taught a couple students who either desperately needed them , or wanted to pursue something in music. Of course, he had a busy schedule. I was actually one of his students. I had to say being face to face with him alone was very intimidating. I made sure to do exactly what he said because I never wanted to see him angry with me. 

He was always pleased and he knew my name very well. I think I was one of his favorites. He played the piano to the music we sang as well as using his hands to direct but not at the same time. When he wasn't working at the work or teaching private lessons, he was actually performing. He used to be big back in the day, but since he got older he wanted to teach. He did some performing here and there and all of his concerts were sold.

I was sometimes surprised how everyone didn't just crowd around him because he was still pretty famous, but Mr. Nelson didn't like attention like that. He loved his privacy. He kept to himself and was pretty quiet around other teachers. He kind of gave off that "I'm better than you" vibe, but actually getting to know him, he wasn't like that at all. He was just a quiet and private man.

I looked back at the door to see him walking in with his guitar case in his hand and a suitcase in the other. He was wearing a bright yellow suit. He was always dressed to impress. He had his circular sunglasses on and he stood in front of the room. He didn't say anything, he just raised his hands up and everyone knew that was time to do singing exercises. He was so cool. 

He didn't like to waste time, he liked to get right into it. So everyone got out there music and started to sing on their parts. 

However, he seemed to be thinking something. He rubbed his chin and stared down when he was thinking. 

"Leaders of each section, come with me." 

There were four of us and I was one of them so I stood up from my seat and followed him to his office. His office was amazing as well. It was obvious his favorite color was purple, and he had so many unique things in there. 

He gave each of us some notes of music.

"I want you all to go to your sections and practice these notes with them. Today will be a work day. I'm gonna observe to see if this will also help each section work on their materials they need for the upcoming concert. Don't disappoint me." He said before we all nodded.