Chapter 22

"What?" Karen asked, not having heard her bestfriend,

"Dinah." Normani repeated a little louder still staring at the back of her head.

"That's crazy. No way she's on this cruise. That would be a one in a million chance!"

"Well call it one in a million Karen! I know that's her. Who is she with?" Normani asked to no one in particular.

"Mani, you're being paranoid. I promise that it's not her. You've been thinking about her for awhile and now you're just seeing things. You probably just need a nap."

"I slept for majority of the fucking trip, K! I'm awake and I'm alert! I know it's her!" Normani argued,

Karen looked around, "Okay, okay, shush. Don't cause a scene. So say it really is her, it's a big boat chances are y'all won't even cross paths! I just don't think it's her, you didn't even see her face."

Normani just sighed, She knew it was Dinah. It had to be.

"Mani?"

Normani snapped out of her thoughts and turned to Karen, "Yeah?"

"Come on, let's go to our room and then we can explore the ship!"

Maybe Karen was right, Normani thought, maybe  Dinah wasn't even here, she didn't see the girls face but something in her knew, that she was right. She couldn't shake it.

Normani decided to push it to the back of her mind, she took in her surroundings, the bar that stretched across the entire lobby, how each chandelier brightened the room, she noticed the different paintings that were hanging up, and her favorite, a pianist playing 'Isn't She Lovely' by Stevie Wonder, her dad used to sing that song to her when she was little. Normani was amazed by the entire set up, looking up you can see almost every floor, the elevators were glass, she laughed at the people who were going up, it seemed as though it was everyone's first time on a boat. She loved it. It was definitely a breath of fresh air, something she needed.

"Awww! They made us stuffed animals out of freaking towels! How cute is this?!" Karen squealed as she snapped a picture of it, "Our room is to die for!"

"Yeah," Normani agreed, she set her purse down on the bed next to the window, she loved the water, it always helped her clear her head when she needed to think, which is partially why she agreed to go on this cruise.

Their room had two queen sized beds, which were right next to each other with a couch sitting on one side of the wall. The flatscreen television hung right in the middle of the wall,

"Check out the bathroom Mani! I'm so glad we got a master suite!" Karen exclaimed.

Normani went to where her best friend was, "This is beautiful. A vanity! A freaking vanity! This is gonna be the best trip ever!"

***

"Ooh soda!" Lauren said as soon as she got into the room,"

"I wouldn't grab that, They're four dollars each." Camila told her,

"So what babe, let's live a little!"

Dinah laughed, "Yeah paying four dollars for a sprite is really living Laur!"

Lauren stuck her tongue out at Dinah, "Whatever, can we go explore?"

"You and Lauren can go, I'm so sleepy it's not even funny and as soon as my butt hits these sheets, I won't be moving for a couple of hours," Camila sat down slowly, "See? It's pulling me into it!"

Lauren shook her head, "Come on babe! It's my first cruise!"

"Baby just let me rest for a couple hours" Camila pleaded, "I drove thirteen hours, Wake me up before we take off! That's my favorite part."