Seven: The Departure

As mentioned in Chapter 5, this story was set to private by a little snot-nosed 12 year old who couldn't handle smut, ugh. You need to be following me in order to view chapter 6. If you're on MOBILE, you have to delete the story from your library, follow me, then re-add the story. If you're on the computer, following me should be enough. Sorry for the hassle!

Harry's POV

I woke up to the scent of mint and pine needles. Half-asleep, I nuzzled my face into whatever it was and grasped tighter to what I was holding onto. It wasn't until I felt unconscious fingers interlock with mine that I realized it was Sperling.

I propped myself up on my elbow and watched her sleep. The rise and fall of her body under the ugly bed sheets, paired with her messy blonde hair spread out on the pillow, the sunlight burning through the shabby window curtains, and the little scintillas of dust illuminated by the rays of light, made for something you'd see in a romantic film during a 'morning after' scene. I lay my head down again and thought hard about last night.

She was a good fuck, I'd give her that much, but admittedly, the only person I thought of when I was fucking Sperling wasn't actually Sperling herself. I thought about Bria. I thought about how Bria would've reacted to my touch, had I touched her like that again. I thought about what Bria and I used to do when we were upset with each other. God, I loved her so much.

Sperling was merely a distraction. A free escort.

I wasn't the type of person that felt any degree of guilt because I knew that the choices I made wouldn't have irreversible ramifications, otherwise I wouldn't make them. I did things for myself and myself only. Sleeping with Sperling was no different; no matter how I tried to change the scenario to find blame in either of us, the fact of the matter was that we used each other. We were in it for the thrill and at any rate, this was goodbye. Once we were back in Oregon we would part ways and she would no longer be a part of my life, nor would I be a part of hers.

Sperling was a nice girl, but I didn't want a nice girlI wanted Bria. I wished I could've kissed her longer. I missed the sound of her heartbeat when it raced against her chest and reverberated into my own.

But even after making it clear to myself that I wanted the girl in Prague, I still pulled Sperling closer to me. This had to stop. I carefully untangled my legs from hers, then slowly pulled my fingers out of her grasp, and finally pulled away from her. An emptiness surfaced in me; for the first time in a very long time, I felt unsure. I sat up and rubbed my face, trying to snap out of whatever daydream I was currently preoccupied with. It's just Sperling, I told myself.

I got up off the bed and tiptoed around the room to find my clothes. I put on my boxer-briefs last night, and helped Sperling find her undergarments too, but the whereabouts of my other clothes was still a mystery. I made my way over to the lamp, where my shirt had landed, and then saw my pants over by the floor near the bathroom.

"Harry?" a sleepy voice called from the bed. I turned to see Sperling rubbing her eyes with her hands; her hair was a mess and her brassiere had shifted slightly to the right of where it was supposed to sitshe still looked quite pretty.

"Hi," I replied.

"Hi."

She smiled at me, and I smiled back. I watched as she combed her fingers through her hair and attempted to smooth out the tornado on her head. She squinted as she looked to the window, then to the clock, and finally back to me.

"You hungry?" I asked. "I think they have a free breakfast in the main area. I can get some for you if you'd like."

"Okay," she agreed. "Can you get me some cereal? I like honey puffs."